I have an entity where I want to insert records on the basis of some schedule. My records are on third party application. I wrote custom workflow but I am not able to find the way, how can I schedule this custom workflow without having any record created in CRM on the entity.? Is there any way to do so? I want this scheduling in a solution where User can install my solution and it will starts working properly.
Hi Abdul Wahab,
Hi ,You can use the below free solution.Please let me know if you have any questions.
You need to do -
1. Create a scheduler config entity and add date time field in that.
2. Create workflow XX on update of config date time updated.
3. Workflow XX will run your custom code as child workflow with time out wait condition.
4. By your child workflow update date time of schedule config entity date time.
This will run in cycle for your schedule time updated in schedule config date time.
A while back I wrote something about this (this is using a Workflow with Plugin, but can be modified to use Plugin, Action, Custom Workflow or just OOB Workflow).
Take a look at the article below:
Hope this helps.
You can achieve this requirement by using work around. CRM provide us "Bulk Record Deletion" functionality inside data management.
You need to create schedule jobs using following steps:
1. Use third entity for schedule purpose.
2. Create one record for that third entity and delete same record based on your required schedule.
3. On delete of that record trigger your plugin / workflow
4. At the end of plugin again create third entity record with same name.
Hope this help you!....
Just wanted to say in response to the Dynamics Hero post, their scheduler solution is AMAZING! We have a few workflows that we were needing to run against a large chunk of our Accounts every single day, and we were using the Bulk Workflow Execution plugin from XRM Toolbox. That is also an amazing app, but without things being automated, there were missed days and other issues we kept running into. The new version of the Dynamics Hero Scheduler is able to run against as many records as needed, and I have already been using it for a little while now without any issues. For anyone needing to schedule Workflows and Actions on a regular basis, I can not recommend this solution enough. I am not affiliated with Dynamics Hero outside of being a thrilled customer. If anyone needs the link, check out the solution here: dynamicshero.com/scheduler . Thank you Dynamics Hero! :-)
Business Applications communities