EntityList workflow will not trigger

Question Status

Verified
ilgy asked a question on 15 Feb 2017 9:41 AM

I have an on-premise version of the portal set up and have an entitylist with a workflow defined.  This works fine.  I have created an online trial account with the portal and have the exact same configuration and the workflow will not fire.  I have verified the workflow is activated and I can trigger it via the CRM ui ok but it will not work in the portal.   When I click the "run workflow" nothing happens.  I am at a loss.

Inogic responded on 16 Feb 2017 4:45 AM

Make sure the workflow you have called on trigger of the button should have below points.

Scope of workflow: Organization

workflow should be on-demand process.

You could also try by restarting portal.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

ilgy responded on 16 Feb 2017 7:38 AM

I have tried that and just went back and verified the steps again.  I still get nothing.  I have verified it is at least triggering some event javascript on the page but being minified I cant really follow the code.  It provides no feedback though.  I have the exact same setup working fine in the on-premise version of the portal (you know the one where EVERYTHING seemed to work including custom javascript on an entitylist.  LOL ).  I will say though I do like the new feature allowing FetchXML as filter Criteria for actions on the entity list.  That will eliminate a lot of the jQuery I had to disable stuff.  Well back to the problem at hand.  Thanks

Verified Answer
ilgy responded on 16 Feb 2017 10:21 AM

I have narrowed down the issue.  If I have "Confirmation Required?" set to YES in the Entity List the workflow will not trigger.  It triggers the workflow fine if this is set to NO.  I have even re-created the entity list and page to be sure it wasn't something funny with the page.  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Verified Answer
ilgy responded on 16 Feb 2017 10:21 AM

I have narrowed down the issue.  If I have "Confirmation Required?" set to YES in the Entity List the workflow will not trigger.  It triggers the workflow fine if this is set to NO.  I have even re-created the entity list and page to be sure it wasn't something funny with the page.  Can anyone else confirm this behavior?