SBX - Forum Post Title

Captcha code in Registration Page of Dynamics Portal

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mohd Saad Akhtar asked a question on 6 Sep 2017 12:18 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to use Captcha Code in Registration Page of Dynamics Portal.

I know we can use captcha code in entity forms.

Please let me know where i need to make change to customize the registration Page?

Roland_b4d responded on 7 Sep 2017 3:22 AM

Hi Saad, look at this page

community.adxstudio.com/.../recaptcha

It is all well described, but so far it has not worked with me yet.

Regards,

Roland

Mohd Saad Akhtar responded on 18 Sep 2017 4:07 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This Link is for old CRM Portal. I was able to so it using a workaround.Create contacts first using catpcha using portal and send an automatic invitation code to these contacts. Then user can redeem inivitation code.

Komal responded on 8 Nov 2017 3:54 AM

Saad,

Can you please give me little more details?

Regards,

Komal

Roland_b4d responded on 9 Nov 2017 1:11 AM

I would need a solution to be able to use a captcha in the register page, if a user registers with a locale account.

Mohd Saad Akhtar responded on 9 Nov 2017 1:42 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

We can't customize the Registration Page in Dynamics Portal. However i used a  wrokaround.

Instead of using Registration Page create a contact page with Captcha and fill in contact details. On Creation of Contact send an email to the the created contact with Invitation code and url to redeem invitation. User clicks on Url and comes to Redeem Invitation Page and registers the contact. You need to hide the Register Page using Site Settings so users can't register directly. 

Refer below link for Invitation code workflow:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2017/08/23/send-invite-to-contacts-automatically-for-microsoft-portal-in-dynamics-365

The Process of Registration will be user will create a contact with captcha and then a link will be sent to entered email with invitation code. Upon clicking on that link user will be redirected to Redeem Inivtation where they can register.

Regards,

Saad

Ambika_Sharma responded on 10 Jul 2018 7:30 AM

Captcha Code can be simply used on the Registration Page by following the steps specified below:

- Login in to CRM

- Open Portal >> Site Settings

- Add a new site setting:

Authentication/Registration/CaptchaEnabled -- Enables or disables captcha on the user registration page. Default: false

Note: This site setting might not be available by default. To enable captcha, you must create the site setting and set its value to true.

Ambika_Sharma responded on 10 Jul 2018 7:31 AM
Suggested Answer

Captcha Code can be simply used on the Registration Page by following the steps specified below:

- Login in to CRM

Authentication/Registration/CaptchaEnabled -- Enables or disables captcha on the user registration page. Default: false

Note: This site setting might not be available by default. To enable captcha, you must create the site setting and set its value to true.

sflouris responded on 4 Dec 2018 5:12 PM

Hi we are looking for the opposite we are wanting to switch the captha off ? We dont have the above setting. 

Mohd Saad Akhtar responded on 9 Nov 2017 1:42 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

We can't customize the Registration Page in Dynamics Portal. However i used a  wrokaround.

Instead of using Registration Page create a contact page with Captcha and fill in contact details. On Creation of Contact send an email to the the created contact with Invitation code and url to redeem invitation. User clicks on Url and comes to Redeem Invitation Page and registers the contact. You need to hide the Register Page using Site Settings so users can't register directly. 

Refer below link for Invitation code workflow:

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2017/08/23/send-invite-to-contacts-automatically-for-microsoft-portal-in-dynamics-365

The Process of Registration will be user will create a contact with captcha and then a link will be sent to entered email with invitation code. Upon clicking on that link user will be redirected to Redeem Inivtation where they can register.

Regards,

Saad

Mohd Saad Akhtar responded on 18 Sep 2017 4:07 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

This Link is for old CRM Portal. I was able to so it using a workaround.Create contacts first using catpcha using portal and send an automatic invitation code to these contacts. Then user can redeem inivitation code.

Ambika_Sharma responded on 10 Jul 2018 7:31 AM
Suggested Answer

- Login in to CRM

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS