field in business process flow: how to filter a search field that is in the bpf ?

Question Status

Suggested Answer
egcoons asked a question on 6 Oct 2017 5:56 PM

I can't find where I can modify the field properties so that only certain files appear when I search in that field. I found out how to do it for a field that is in my form but not in the business process flow. I'd prefer doing it with out codes as I do not know how and where to put the codes.. 

Nitin Verma responded on 8 Oct 2017 7:10 AM

Hi,

It seems that you would like to filter the records that appear in the lookup window when you search in a field from the Business Process Flow.

Unfortunately you would need to write a custom Javascript code to achieve this.

The code to filter the records will be attached to the BPF field on form load.

But you mentioned that you need not use coding so please let me know if you have second thoughts so that I can help you with the code that you need to use.

Hope it helps!

Many thanks,

Nitin Verma

Suggested Answer
Guillaume Domont responded on 8 Oct 2017 10:24 AM

Hi,

you can edit the properties of a BPF fields as if it was a normal field. You will need to write custom code called onLaad event.

That custom code isn't the easiest thing to do with Jscript.

Other question do you really need to have on the BPF?

Suggested Answer
Ryan Maclean responded on 11 Oct 2017 3:17 AM

Hi egcoons,

If you add the field to your form, but put it in a hidden tab, then you can apply the filtering and it should feed through to the field on the BPF

Ryan

Suggested Answer
Guillaume Domont responded on 8 Oct 2017 10:24 AM

Hi,

you can edit the properties of a BPF fields as if it was a normal field. You will need to write custom code called onLaad event.

That custom code isn't the easiest thing to do with Jscript.

Other question do you really need to have on the BPF?

Suggested Answer
Ryan Maclean responded on 11 Oct 2017 3:17 AM

Hi egcoons,

If you add the field to your form, but put it in a hidden tab, then you can apply the filtering and it should feed through to the field on the BPF

Ryan