Trying to change the security roles so that the users can only modify the notes that they write. but I can't do it???

Question Status

Unanswered
egcoons asked a question on 6 Oct 2017 6:02 PM

Hi, 

I have changed the security role of my teams and also my users so that they can only modify the notes that that user writes. But it still isnt working. Every person that shows up in this section (see below) can modify the notes of that entity no matter who wrote it. I cant find how to change it and it is so frustrating! help :( 

Nitin Verma responded on 7 Oct 2017 2:47 PM

Hi,

In order to make it happen please check all the security roles that a user has.

All of the roles should have Write privilege on User access level at the maximum for the Notes entity.

If the user has Write privilege greater than the User level for the Notes entity then he will be able to edit the record of other users too.

Hope it helps!

Many thanks,

Nitin Verma

egcoons responded on 7 Oct 2017 6:00 PM

Thank you! I was also wondering, can you answer the question below :

Hi, I simply want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly.

We are an insurance company, we can offer group insurance plans, group retirement plans, individual insurance plans and home+car insurance plans.

What I was thinking is you have one prospect for all four opportunities. And is you call a prospect and he says yes for group insurance, than you create the opportunity and specify in that opportunity that it is for that service.  Then reactivate the prospect to use it again for the three other products. The problem is first i want to know if this makes sense.

Also, I'd want to know if there is an easier way to do it. Because including the prospect  to create the opportunity and contact-account(unless they already exist) and having to go back to reactivate the prospect and right a note that there is an opportunity that was included and...... It made sense when i first thought of it but now I am not so sure. What do you think

Aric Levin responded on 7 Oct 2017 10:26 PM

There are probably a few different ways of implementing this, but one possibility would be to add options in the Prospect/Lead form to specify the type of services that are available. When selected, can create multiple opportunity records.

Other options is create a prospect, and only create a single opportunity from it. Once the opportunity is created and an account/contact records are created, the next opportunity that you would created would be from the account or contact record and not from the prospect/lead record, as this account/contact is already a customer, so you are creating an additional opportunity for an existing customer.

Hope this helps.

Nitin Verma responded on 8 Oct 2017 6:59 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

For your second question regarding the reactivation of lead for creating multiple opportunities I would suggest the following approach.

You can have a two option field on lead like Include Car Insurance, Include Retirement Plan etc for each extra option.

Then you can have a plugin that triggers on Qualify Lead message of Lead entity and checks if the Two Option is selected as Yes.

If any extra option is selected Yes, then it creates a opportunity out of that lead in addition to the default opportunity that will be created for the default option i.e. Group Insurance Plan.

Hope it helps!

Many thanks,

Nitin Verma