SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics 365 Portals and Share Point Integration, Internal Server Error

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Hemant Sahu asked a question on 13 Feb 2018 12:07 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Experts,

I am using Dynamics CRM V9 and Dynamics 365 portals. I have a requirement, document should be created in SharePoint from 365 Portal but getting an error. I have done setup according to the below post
http://www.cloudfronts.com/crm-portal-and-sharepoint-integration/

After investigating I got to know that this is feature is not available. 
https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/232301

Is there alternate do this?
Thanks In Advance

Ravi Kashyap responded on 13 Feb 2018 1:01 AM
Suggested Answer

Nope, there is still no option to store the document other in CRM as notes. The best option would be to use Notes(CRM) for now and when the Azure bug is fixed, change the configuration to store it in Azure instead of CRM.

Check this- community.dynamics.com/.../235329

Hope this helps.

Megan Walker responded on 14 Feb 2018 3:45 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It's a shame this integration doesn't work. I found it out too after telling a client it was possible (which it was with Adxstudio). Instead of using notes, I used the Portal Comment activity. Users can then attach documents that way. I think it just looks a little nicer than notes and you can change the form if  needed. This might be of help:

meganvwalker.com/displaying-comments-microsoft-portals

Aric Levin responded on 14 Feb 2018 7:24 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Hemant,

Per Microsoft this should be working in the next version of Portals (but can't promise). Version 9.2 of Dynamics with new version of Portals is due for release in June. There is also a solution from Adoxio that provides you integration between Dynamics Portals and SharePoint (via Azure).

It's not too pricy, and might be an option for you until Microsoft fixes their SharePoint integration piece.

Hope this helps.

Suraj Kumbhar responded on 26 Jul 2018 5:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please find my answer on below link for this Portal to SharePoint Integration using custom entity.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/229251

I did successfully integrate CRM Portal with SharePoint.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Suraj

Jason McNeil responded on 31 Jul 2018 10:07 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If you can wait until October 2018 it will be supported out of the box as per the release notes here: docs.microsoft.com/.../sharepoint-integration

Percy Stephansen responded on 22 Oct 2018 5:50 PM

Microsoft Has released the Latest Portal update and this feature is now back. ms-crm-guru.blogspot.com/.../microsoft-crm-portals-and-sharepoint.html

CRM HUB responded on 8 Jun 2019 3:07 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

For Integration of D365 portal with Sharepoint :

crmhub.blogspot.com/.../sharepoint-integration-with-d365-portal.html

Ravi Kashyap responded on 13 Feb 2018 1:01 AM
Suggested Answer

Nope, there is still no option to store the document other in CRM as notes. The best option would be to use Notes(CRM) for now and when the Azure bug is fixed, change the configuration to store it in Azure instead of CRM.

Check this- community.dynamics.com/.../235329

Hope this helps.

Megan Walker responded on 14 Feb 2018 3:45 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It's a shame this integration doesn't work. I found it out too after telling a client it was possible (which it was with Adxstudio). Instead of using notes, I used the Portal Comment activity. Users can then attach documents that way. I think it just looks a little nicer than notes and you can change the form if  needed. This might be of help:

meganvwalker.com/displaying-comments-microsoft-portals

Aric Levin responded on 14 Feb 2018 7:24 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Hemant,

Per Microsoft this should be working in the next version of Portals (but can't promise). Version 9.2 of Dynamics with new version of Portals is due for release in June. There is also a solution from Adoxio that provides you integration between Dynamics Portals and SharePoint (via Azure).

It's not too pricy, and might be an option for you until Microsoft fixes their SharePoint integration piece.

Hope this helps.

Suraj Kumbhar responded on 26 Jul 2018 5:29 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please find my answer on below link for this Portal to SharePoint Integration using custom entity.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/229251

I did successfully integrate CRM Portal with SharePoint.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Suraj

Jason McNeil responded on 31 Jul 2018 10:07 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If you can wait until October 2018 it will be supported out of the box as per the release notes here: docs.microsoft.com/.../sharepoint-integration

CRM HUB responded on 8 Jun 2019 3:07 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

For Integration of D365 portal with Sharepoint :

crmhub.blogspot.com/.../sharepoint-integration-with-d365-portal.html

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS