SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dashboards missing on Sales App

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Turbo Forms asked a question on 13 Jul 2018 4:24 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All, our users have been complaining regarding dashboards being missing on Sales App, I was able to replicate this. When I go back onto the Sales App in customization, the Save button is not grayed out, I had to save and publish it. No one besides myself work on App customization. Its happening more often, each time I had to go and save/publish the App to fix this. Not sure what is making the APP customization to be changed that's asking me to save it. 

any idea?

Drew Poggemann responded on 14 Jul 2018 8:55 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Turbo Forms,

Can you provide screen shots on this to demonstrate?  

Also, do you have any custom JavaScript or Plugins?  Please disable to verify you don't have a problem that is conflicting.

Turbo Forms responded on 17 Jul 2018 3:26 PM
My Badges

Hi Drew, due to some privacy issue I can't post detailed screenshots but will try to explain it in detail.

a user is supposed to have 25 Dashboards in total, he was able to see all those dashboards at one point of time but later he was missing some dashboards. One of our developers opened that particular App Designer where you add dashboards Save and publish it again, then the Dashboards will again appear for users. Usually the Save button on App designer will be inactive no letting anyone to click if the process was already saved but it becomes active enabling admins to click it whenever we hear from users that dashboards are missing. This scenario is happening like 5-10 times a day. We are not using any custom code for the Custom App. 

The button I rounded up isn't staying inactive, it gets active without anyone making a change.

Drew Poggemann responded on 17 Jul 2018 6:18 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Turbo Forms,

My expectation is there is a challenge with the environment in Dynamics 365 Online that is causing this issue and you will need to create a case with Microsoft.  My gut tells me this is an issue with multi-server environment in the application tier causing the problem but it is only a guess.  This is not something that will normally ever happen and not something you are doing incorrectly on your side.  I assume this might be a larger customer that could require multiple application tiers and something is not replicating successfully and being overwritten in some way.

Turbo Forms responded on 13 Aug 2018 5:07 PM
My Badges

Thanks for the reply Drew, we have filed a MS ticket and they aren't sure the reason behind it. Just continuing their research on support copy

Drew Poggemann responded on 14 Jul 2018 8:55 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Turbo Forms,

Can you provide screen shots on this to demonstrate?  

Also, do you have any custom JavaScript or Plugins?  Please disable to verify you don't have a problem that is conflicting.

Drew Poggemann responded on 17 Jul 2018 6:18 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Turbo Forms,

My expectation is there is a challenge with the environment in Dynamics 365 Online that is causing this issue and you will need to create a case with Microsoft.  My gut tells me this is an issue with multi-server environment in the application tier causing the problem but it is only a guess.  This is not something that will normally ever happen and not something you are doing incorrectly on your side.  I assume this might be a larger customer that could require multiple application tiers and something is not replicating successfully and being overwritten in some way.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS