SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Prevent Users Name comes under Modified field.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Ajay Walmiki asked a question on 4 Oct 2018 5:03 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue, as I go under Contact Form in Dynamics CRM.

I had just clicked on fields, but my name is showing under Modified by 'ME'.

I have to prevent this, can anyone help me out how should I prevent from happening.

Thanks in Advance.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 5:23 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Modified by showed the name of the user updated the record so if it is showing you then either you have done some update or there is some workflow/ plugin which is updating the record under your user context.

Hope this helps.

Ajay Walmiki responded on 4 Oct 2018 5:35 AM
My Badges

Thanks for your suggestion.

There is no workflow or no code.

I just need that how should I prevent this issue.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 5:59 AM
Suggested Answer

Did you update the record or clicked Save or something else?  Are you saying that the modified by is changing to your name when you click on the fields?

As suggested above, if the modified by is under ypour name then there is an update happened under your user's context. Check if Auto Save is enable, it is possible then while changing fields auto save is happning hence it is showing your user name.

docs.microsoft.com/.../manage-auto-save

Hope this helps.

Ajay Walmiki responded on 4 Oct 2018 6:57 AM
My Badges

Yes Ravi.

You are absolutely right, that auto save property is enable for all entities.

But my question is that, How shoould I restrict.

I dont want to disable autosave, I just want to restrict user as user is just clicking in form, the user name should not reflect as user clicks and doing some changes on form, then only user name should reflect in modified by field.

So, what should I do for this?

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 7:06 AM
Suggested Answer

Can you confirm if user is actualy changing anything or not? If the field values are changed and auto save is enabled then this will happen as the form will be saved. You need to disable auto save if you dont want crm to automaticaly save your changes.

hope this helps

Ajay Walmiki responded on 4 Oct 2018 7:45 AM
My Badges

Yes Ravi.

User hasn't change any values but still name has been display in Modified by and I didn't want to disable auto save.

Without disabling auto save, is there any other way .

Is it we can go for JS and Plugins.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 8:06 AM
Suggested Answer

If the user hasnt changed anything but still the name appears in modify by then you first need to find why this is happing as this is not expected behavior.Once you lnow why this is happening,  You can then find of ways to restrict it.

I still dont believe that you have the user name in modify by but 1) User hasnt changed the record, 2) No plugin workflow changed the record.

There has to be something which is updating the record.

You need to help me/us by sharing some more details so that I/we can help you.

Can you share screenshot when user opens the form? does the modified by field changed immediatly after opening a form or after sometime? Do you see unsaved changes message when user opens the form? Can you check amd share a ascreenshot of auditing? If quditing is not enabled, please enable and then reproduce the issue and then check & share screenshot

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 5:23 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Modified by showed the name of the user updated the record so if it is showing you then either you have done some update or there is some workflow/ plugin which is updating the record under your user context.

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 5:59 AM
Suggested Answer

Did you update the record or clicked Save or something else?  Are you saying that the modified by is changing to your name when you click on the fields?

As suggested above, if the modified by is under ypour name then there is an update happened under your user's context. Check if Auto Save is enable, it is possible then while changing fields auto save is happning hence it is showing your user name.

docs.microsoft.com/.../manage-auto-save

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 7:06 AM
Suggested Answer

Can you confirm if user is actualy changing anything or not? If the field values are changed and auto save is enabled then this will happen as the form will be saved. You need to disable auto save if you dont want crm to automaticaly save your changes.

hope this helps

Ravi Kashyap responded on 4 Oct 2018 8:06 AM
Suggested Answer

If the user hasnt changed anything but still the name appears in modify by then you first need to find why this is happing as this is not expected behavior.Once you lnow why this is happening,  You can then find of ways to restrict it.

I still dont believe that you have the user name in modify by but 1) User hasnt changed the record, 2) No plugin workflow changed the record.

There has to be something which is updating the record.

You need to help me/us by sharing some more details so that I/we can help you.

Can you share screenshot when user opens the form? does the modified by field changed immediatly after opening a form or after sometime? Do you see unsaved changes message when user opens the form? Can you check amd share a ascreenshot of auditing? If quditing is not enabled, please enable and then reproduce the issue and then check & share screenshot

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS