SBX - Forum Post Title

One User Can't Set Regarding on Project Entity

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

JonesEA_2018 asked a question on 9 Nov 2018 1:28 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hello,

For the most part we've got Dynamics 365 for Outlook installed and running.  (No one liked Dynamics 365 App for Outlook much.) There is just one user who can't set regarding on one entity - Project.  The client has been uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times and still just the one entity isn't accessible to her. All the entities except Project are available.  No one else is having this problem (that I'm aware of at the moment). 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Suggested Answer

Hi JonesEA_2018,

You may need to increase the security privileges for this user by assigning them a new security role or increasing the privileges on their current security roles.

Wei Jie Fun responded on 11 Nov 2018 10:13 PM

Hi,

It sounds to me , this issue might related to privilege issue instead of application issue.  

1. Check Security role privilege

JonesEA_2018 responded on 12 Nov 2018 9:05 AM
My Badges

Thanks Adrian and Wei for the responses.  

There are no error messages received so nothing about a missing privilege is seen.  This is the only person who can't set regarding on a project.  She has the same security roles as her teammate who has no problem seeing Project in the list. I'll try removing everything then adding it all back again one more time.

Could it be something in her Office 365 profile?

JonesEA_2018 responded on 14 Nov 2018 11:18 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So. . . the solution to this turns out to be simple. . . the user needed to scroll up.  LOL!

We sat down to research this and my co-worker came across this thread: community.dynamics.com/.../869162

User has confirmed scrolling up in the dialog box solved the problem.

JonesEA_2018 responded on 14 Nov 2018 11:18 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So. . . the solution to this turns out to be simple. . . the user needed to scroll up.  LOL!

We sat down to research this and my co-worker came across this thread: community.dynamics.com/.../869162

User has confirmed scrolling up in the dialog box solved the problem.

Suggested Answer

Hi JonesEA_2018,

You may need to increase the security privileges for this user by assigning them a new security role or increasing the privileges on their current security roles.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS