SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

8.2 -> 9.0 On-Premise - Header WebResources not editable

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

RandallSmith asked a question on 9 Nov 2018 1:40 PM

Question Status

Verified

Just completed 8.2 to 9.0 upgrade for On Premise system. we had an HTML  webresource in the page header (its a custom progress bar).  When viewing the form it works fine and can be interacted with no problem as it was in 8.2, But when I go to the form editor and go to modify the web-resource, there is a place holder for it, but no ability to edit it, yet its there. (very strange) I have tried to re-insert the web-resource and that works fine, except now its duplicated and I cant delete the original one. Anyone seen this issue?  any thoughts?

in the image below you can see the top web-resoruce has the resource name and is editable, below that is a box with no name and no editable properties . when form is published shows 2 copies of web resoruce.

Randall

Andrew Butenko responded on 10 Nov 2018 7:17 PM
Verified Answer

Hello,

I believe your last resort is editing of xml - create a solution that contains only the form you want to modify, export it, unpack, open customizations.xml and delete mentioned webresource, put to archive back and import to CRM, publish changes. If you've done everything in the right way unneeded webresource should go away. Don't forget that this approach is unsupported so store backups of your solution before you started changes. Good luck.

RandallSmith responded on 11 Nov 2018 6:06 PM

Andrew - perfect! - worked like a charm, thanks for the quick and detailed response  -much apprecaited!

Randall

Andrew Butenko responded on 10 Nov 2018 7:17 PM
Verified Answer

Hello,

I believe your last resort is editing of xml - create a solution that contains only the form you want to modify, export it, unpack, open customizations.xml and delete mentioned webresource, put to archive back and import to CRM, publish changes. If you've done everything in the right way unneeded webresource should go away. Don't forget that this approach is unsupported so store backups of your solution before you started changes. Good luck.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS