SBX - Forum Post Title

Add Secure Power BI Reports to Dynamics Client Portal

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

crmrsw15 asked a question on 6 Dec 2018 4:43 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

We would like to add reports into a secured client portals that contain client sensitive data.

Choosing to embed a Power BI report creates a URL that can be viewed publicly. Is there anyway to expose secure reports to the client portal?

Thanks,

Richard

Shaminderpal Singh responded on 6 Dec 2018 8:00 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Please refer this -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/october18/service/dynamics365-portal/power-bi-embed

You can make it secure and then embed it in Portal using AAD option if you are using azure ad for authentication.

-Shaminder

crmrsw15 responded on 6 Dec 2018 8:13 AM
My Badges

many thanks for your response. Ah so my client is on Dynamics 2016 On-Premise with adxportals installed. So seems we won't be able to use it in this case until they upgrade to Dynamics 365 Online.

Shaminderpal Singh responded on 6 Dec 2018 9:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

You still can achieve this by writing custom code in adx solution. You have to write the logic to do a client-credentials grant by OAuth2.0 flow and pass the token to make it work securely.

This will give you an insight of it-

-Shaminder

Shaminderpal Singh responded on 6 Dec 2018 8:00 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Please refer this -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/october18/service/dynamics365-portal/power-bi-embed

You can make it secure and then embed it in Portal using AAD option if you are using azure ad for authentication.

-Shaminder

Shaminderpal Singh responded on 6 Dec 2018 9:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

You still can achieve this by writing custom code in adx solution. You have to write the logic to do a client-credentials grant by OAuth2.0 flow and pass the token to make it work securely.

This will give you an insight of it-

-Shaminder

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS