SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Portals - Add Custom user Login Page

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

DineshRaja asked a question on 8 Jan 2019 1:37 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement in Dynamics CRM Portals. we need to create a Custom Login Page in Dynamics crm Portals and the username and passwords are check from the SQL Database.. After User Successful login..it is redirect to the CRM Data Records. It is Possible to do Using ASP.net.. Please help me guys.

Thank You

Dinesh Raja

Ravi Kashyap responded on 8 Jan 2019 1:49 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

If you are using Dynamics 365 Portals (OnLine) then I don't think you can check credentials against a sql database. You can however configure external authentication. Refer below links-

docs.microsoft.com/.../configure-portal-authentication

community.dynamics.com/.../dynamics-portals-external-authentication

community.dynamics.com/.../dynamics-365-portal-authentication-with-external-identities-part-i-authentication-with-azure-active-directory

Also take a look at the answer on this thread to have some more options-community.dynamics.com/.../252438

Hope this helps.

Sreevalli Balleda responded on 8 Jan 2019 4:51 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Portal logins will be handle from contact table(contacts are users in portal), so you can make use of contacts to use the custom logins(you have to change singup/login liquid page) and then set the desired page as home page then it will automatically redirect to it.

My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Portal logins will be handle from contact table(contacts are users in portal), so you can make use of contacts to use the custom logins(you have to change signup/login liquid page) and then set the desired page as home page then it will automatically redirect to it.

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 13 Jan 2019 9:53 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Dinesh,

If you're wanting to authenticate against an external username/password database, your best option is to implement an OpenID Connect identity provider.  This provider can be wired into Dynamics 365 Portals, and will cause the portal to redirect to your own custom login page, before going back to the Portal after authentication.

This is not a trivial undertaking, but it is possible if you don't have any flexibility with your requirements.

Nick

Ravi Kashyap responded on 8 Jan 2019 1:49 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

If you are using Dynamics 365 Portals (OnLine) then I don't think you can check credentials against a sql database. You can however configure external authentication. Refer below links-

docs.microsoft.com/.../configure-portal-authentication

community.dynamics.com/.../dynamics-portals-external-authentication

community.dynamics.com/.../dynamics-365-portal-authentication-with-external-identities-part-i-authentication-with-azure-active-directory

Also take a look at the answer on this thread to have some more options-community.dynamics.com/.../252438

Hope this helps.

My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Portal logins will be handle from contact table(contacts are users in portal), so you can make use of contacts to use the custom logins(you have to change singup/login liquid page) and then set the desired page as home page then it will automatically redirect to it.

My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Portal logins will be handle from contact table(contacts are users in portal), so you can make use of contacts to use the custom logins(you have to change signup/login liquid page) and then set the desired page as home page then it will automatically redirect to it.

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 13 Jan 2019 9:53 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Dinesh,

If you're wanting to authenticate against an external username/password database, your best option is to implement an OpenID Connect identity provider.  This provider can be wired into Dynamics 365 Portals, and will cause the portal to redirect to your own custom login page, before going back to the Portal after authentication.

This is not a trivial undertaking, but it is possible if you don't have any flexibility with your requirements.

Nick

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS