SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

link targets in CRM/PORTAL inside iframe

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Jawetha Nadaraja asked a question on 6 Feb 2019 8:38 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

When PORTAL is embedded within an iframe on an external site (external site here in pink) certain links (red) seem hardcoded to open at the top level of the browser (i.e the link target is “_top”) rather than within the iframe. In other words doing anything with a case takes the user away from the enclosing site and takes him or her to an address at microsoftcrmportals.com, which we don’t want.

I have tried a Javascript rewrite to force all links to behave as we want but the links within the view still open at the top level. I’m stumped.

TL;DR version: when PORTAL is inside an iframe it keeps wanting to take the user to microsoftcrmportals.com. Javascript doesn’t seem to fix it.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 7 Feb 2019 5:48 PM

Hi,

Have you tried writing a JS to manipulate the links within the subgrid?

Jawetha Nadaraja responded on 7 Feb 2019 6:59 PM

Hi Ravi,

Our Marketing person has done it on the page template not on the grid in the portal per se. How do we do this? What area should we be looking at?

J

Ravi Kashyap responded on 7 Feb 2019 7:19 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Refer the below blog on writing scripts on entity list. You need to follow the similar concept and the change the link for all the rows.

nishantrana.me/.../using-custom-javascript-field-on-entity-list-to-add-javascript-in-portal-in-dynamics-365

Hope

Ravi Kashyap responded on 7 Feb 2019 7:19 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Refer the below blog on writing scripts on entity list. You need to follow the similar concept and the change the link for all the rows.

nishantrana.me/.../using-custom-javascript-field-on-entity-list-to-add-javascript-in-portal-in-dynamics-365

Hope

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS