SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics Portal Login page - defaulting to Microsoft sign in page

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mike asked a question on 7 Feb 2019 4:09 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello, I have a Dynamics Portal (Employee Self Service), when I try to login it always directs me to a Microsoft login looking page, image below.  I have seen another portal that contains more of a local login page that I want to have instead.  I have not been able to find the setting that will let me change to the other login type (Sign In With a Local Account is the header of the login page I am looking for).

Thank you.

LeoAlt responded on 8 Feb 2019 1:33 AM
My Badges

Hi Mike,

According to this article, Dynamics 365 portal has 2 ways of authentication.

If you want to customize the login page, you chould use Local authentication and develop a new page with ASP.NET.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Leo

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 27 Feb 2019 3:25 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Mike,

The Employee Self-Service portal is meant to work with Azure AD for authentication - it's somewhat hard-coded.  If you're looking to use the other sign-in options (local authentication, or other external authentication options), I'd recommend using a different Portal template (like Customer Self-Service, which has similar functionality).

Nick

Jharana Baliyar Singh responded on 28 Feb 2019 2:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Mike,

Just check with the site settings -> Authentication/Registration/LocalLoginEnabled -> value set as true.

follow this : docs.microsoft.com/.../set-authentication-identity

Thanks,

Jharana

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 27 Feb 2019 3:25 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Mike,

The Employee Self-Service portal is meant to work with Azure AD for authentication - it's somewhat hard-coded.  If you're looking to use the other sign-in options (local authentication, or other external authentication options), I'd recommend using a different Portal template (like Customer Self-Service, which has similar functionality).

Nick

Jharana Baliyar Singh responded on 28 Feb 2019 2:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Mike,

Just check with the site settings -> Authentication/Registration/LocalLoginEnabled -> value set as true.

follow this : docs.microsoft.com/.../set-authentication-identity

Thanks,

Jharana

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS