SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Entity Form in Liquid

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Sahithi asked a question on 9 Feb 2019 11:42 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I know that we can display an entity list in web template using liquid.

So, is there any way that we can do it for entity form? Adding entity form using liquid in web template?

Oliver Rodrigues responded on 11 Feb 2019 7:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

you can't access the entity form through liquid.. but you don't really need in my opinion

as you have you probably have your record GUID in the parameter, you can retrieve your record, and access the attributes in your liquid

docs.microsoft.com/.../liquid-objects

{% assign account = entities.account['936DA01F-9ABD-4d9d-80C7-02AF85C822A8'] %}

{% if account %}

{{ account.name }} ({{ account.statecode.label }})

{% endif %}

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 13 Feb 2019 3:35 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Sahithi,

Yes, there is a Liquid tag for Entity Forms:

{% entityform id: page.adx_entityform.id %} or {% entityform name: 'My Entity Form' %}

Please note that this tag only works on Web Pages that are using a Page Template that is of type "Web Template".  If it's on a web page using a Page Template whose type is "Rewrite", this tag will not work.

I just released a blog post that goes into a bit more details on the options, if you're interested:

www.engineeredcode.com/.../dynamics-365-portal-how-does-the-entity-form-or-entity-list-get-on-the-page

Nick

Oliver Rodrigues responded on 11 Feb 2019 7:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

you can't access the entity form through liquid.. but you don't really need in my opinion

as you have you probably have your record GUID in the parameter, you can retrieve your record, and access the attributes in your liquid

docs.microsoft.com/.../liquid-objects

{% assign account = entities.account['936DA01F-9ABD-4d9d-80C7-02AF85C822A8'] %}

{% if account %}

{{ account.name }} ({{ account.statecode.label }})

{% endif %}

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 13 Feb 2019 3:35 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Sahithi,

Yes, there is a Liquid tag for Entity Forms:

{% entityform id: page.adx_entityform.id %} or {% entityform name: 'My Entity Form' %}

Please note that this tag only works on Web Pages that are using a Page Template that is of type "Web Template".  If it's on a web page using a Page Template whose type is "Rewrite", this tag will not work.

I just released a blog post that goes into a bit more details on the options, if you're interested:

www.engineeredcode.com/.../dynamics-365-portal-how-does-the-entity-form-or-entity-list-get-on-the-page

Nick

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS