SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Estimated Close date in opportunity ms crm

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mahesh1431 asked a question on 19 Mar 2019 9:45 AM

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi Everyone,

i have a requirement from my customer that he need to receive an email alert when estimated close date is 5 days before,4 days before,3 days before,2 days before,1 day before the estimated close date like that before 5 days every days he should receive an email. i have developed a workflow and i wrote an time out condition as time out until opportunity before 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1(separate or conditions in workflow ) estimated close date than send an email. but this workflow is working by giving result for only one day i.e, 5 days before the estimated close date it is not sending email for 4,3,2,1 days. i hope you understand my requirement. please give some ideas that how to accomplish this for all the 5 days before estimated close date.

Thanks,

Mahesh

David Jennaway responded on 19 Mar 2019 9:55 AM
My Badges

It sounds like the workflow is only executing once, so will just hit the time out condition for 5 days before. You will need to get the workflow to execute again after the time out is met. CRM won't let you directly re-execute the workflow as a child workflow (to avoid a circular loop), but instead you could update a given field in the workflow, and have the workflow be triggered on update of that field

Jarrod Williams responded on 19 Mar 2019 3:11 PM
My Badges

You should be able to just have a single workflow with all of the waits at the same level, just make sure it doesn't end the workflow  when it completes the wait.  Otherwise, you could do something like have one workflow that calls a single child workflow 5 different times and have the parent be controlling the waits and then the child checks to see if the email still needs to be sent and has the correct content.  A few different ways of doing things like that.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS