SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Microsoft CRM 2011

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Siti Nadhrah asked a question on 12 Apr 2019 4:25 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi Support,

We have a server with CRM program. We do a transfer of CRM data backup to a new server. After that found there are 3 users cannot use their user ID and do revise quotation. So, we create a new user ID, then they can access. However, by creating the new user ID, they cannot view their old history as they access as a new ID.

Please advise. Thank you.

Charles Abi Khirs responded on 13 Apr 2019 12:39 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

When you imported the organization into the new server, you should have map the needed users into the new environment, that's why, they are not able to access the CRM.

However, in your current situation, the users are not able to see their old history because the records are assigned to the old users, while, they are accessing the system with the new users.

You have to reassign the records owned by the old users to the newly created users.

If there are no lot of records, you can do them manually; otherwise, you can create a new workflow that will be triggered on-demand, add an assign step to the workflow and use the XrmToolbox to execute the workflow on thousands of records. check my blog post to have more details on how to do it: charlesak.blogspot.com/.../crmd365-execute-workflow-on.html.

Please be careful that you need to change your fetchxml and the assigned user in your workflow for each user

Siti Nadhrah responded on 14 Apr 2019 8:14 PM

Hi Charles,

The new server that was meant here is, we bring up the server with it's last backup.

The way we import the CRM's data backup to the new server is we copy the database and paste to the same file path.

After doing that found 2 users cannot use their ID and 2 users cannot revise the quotation.

If we transfer the data in kind of way, do we have to map the needed users?

Charles Abi Khirs responded on 15 Apr 2019 1:51 AM
My Badges

You can check Automatically map users so they are mapped and can use the same user id

Siti Nadhrah responded on 15 Apr 2019 2:09 AM

Hi Charles,

Where do I find the "Automatically map users" ?

Suggested Answer

Hi Siti,

If you have already done all the imports, i think you could find the older users record for these users and re-assign them to the new account.

Please follow the link below to do re-assigning of records from one user to another

Charles Abi Khirs responded on 13 Apr 2019 12:39 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

When you imported the organization into the new server, you should have map the needed users into the new environment, that's why, they are not able to access the CRM.

However, in your current situation, the users are not able to see their old history because the records are assigned to the old users, while, they are accessing the system with the new users.

You have to reassign the records owned by the old users to the newly created users.

If there are no lot of records, you can do them manually; otherwise, you can create a new workflow that will be triggered on-demand, add an assign step to the workflow and use the XrmToolbox to execute the workflow on thousands of records. check my blog post to have more details on how to do it: charlesak.blogspot.com/.../crmd365-execute-workflow-on.html.

Please be careful that you need to change your fetchxml and the assigned user in your workflow for each user

Suggested Answer

Hi Siti,

If you have already done all the imports, i think you could find the older users record for these users and re-assign them to the new account.

Please follow the link below to do re-assigning of records from one user to another

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS