SBX - Forum Post Title

How to delete Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 Organization in SQL

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mike2011 asked a question on 22 Apr 2019 10:14 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I would like to delete the newly created organization from CRM including the CRM Organization in SQL.

What should be the proper steps in deleting Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 Organization in SQL?

Thanks in advance.

Beth Burrell responded on 22 Apr 2019 12:28 PM
My Badges

DO you just want delete it out of SQL or do a full uninstall?    

Aric Levin responded on 22 Apr 2019 2:21 PM
Verified Answer

First go to deployment manager on the CRM Server. Deactivate the organization that you created. After you deactivate the organization, you should be able to delete it from deployment manager (you can only delete deactivated organizations).

After the organization is deleted from deployment manager, go to your SQL Server where you have the database that you want to delete, and delete it from there.

Hope this helps.

Verified Answer

Hi

The recommended approach to delete a CRM Org is to disable and delete it from the Deployment Manager.

Please see the link below

docs.microsoft.com/.../delete-an-organization

As explained in the page, the SQL DB will not be deleted automatically, for recovering from accidental deletion of Organization. But you can open the SSMS and delete the database manually.

If you want to automatically do both, you could consider doing the whole thing in a PowerShell script

First you can disable and delete the org in a supported way  and then 

"You can implement the procedure described here by using a Windows PowerShell cmdlet. For more information, see the Disable-CrmOrganization and Remove-CrmOrganization commands."

And you can include steps in your powershell script to delete database as well

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24149363/drop-sql-server-database-from-powershell

I would recommend, you do a backup of the DB before you delete it automatically

Aric Levin responded on 22 Apr 2019 2:21 PM
Verified Answer

First go to deployment manager on the CRM Server. Deactivate the organization that you created. After you deactivate the organization, you should be able to delete it from deployment manager (you can only delete deactivated organizations).

After the organization is deleted from deployment manager, go to your SQL Server where you have the database that you want to delete, and delete it from there.

Hope this helps.

Verified Answer

Hi

The recommended approach to delete a CRM Org is to disable and delete it from the Deployment Manager.

Please see the link below

docs.microsoft.com/.../delete-an-organization

As explained in the page, the SQL DB will not be deleted automatically, for recovering from accidental deletion of Organization. But you can open the SSMS and delete the database manually.

If you want to automatically do both, you could consider doing the whole thing in a PowerShell script

First you can disable and delete the org in a supported way  and then 

"You can implement the procedure described here by using a Windows PowerShell cmdlet. For more information, see the Disable-CrmOrganization and Remove-CrmOrganization commands."

And you can include steps in your powershell script to delete database as well

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24149363/drop-sql-server-database-from-powershell

I would recommend, you do a backup of the DB before you delete it automatically

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS