SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Phone Call Activity Default Notification Is Blank When DONOTPHONE = True On Contact

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

ChrysDW asked a question on 22 Apr 2019 4:29 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We are using CRM 2016 v8.1 onPrem. We recently noticed that if a contact has DONOTPHONE = true, then when a user creates a phone call activity, then when the activity is saved, there is a BLANK error notification on the phone activity. How can I clear this OOTB notification? Or can I can add a custom message to the OOTB notification since this is blank?  I know how to add a custom notification but I need to get rid of this one.

Thanks in advance,

Chrys

Nitin Aggarwal responded on 24 Apr 2019 4:37 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Please refer following link, In this link you can clear error notification:

ashwaniashwin.wordpress.com/.../set-and-clear-notifications-info-warning-error-on-dynamics-crm-forms

Thanks

Nitin

Rawish Kumar responded on 24 Apr 2019 4:57 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Chrys,

I have faced this issue while working on dynamics crm onpremise and looks to be a kknown issue - should go with an upgrade.

this error is legal and shows if phone call is set to donophone = true , the only issue is it doenst show an error message.

what I ended doing was to put a custom error message similar the original "At least one recipient is marked as ‘Do Not Allow’ phone” message" by checking if this contact is set to donotphone = true by doing a simple web api request. you can call this script on on load or onchange of the regarding field.

ChrysDW responded on 24 Apr 2019 3:27 PM
My Badges

Thank you Nitin but the problem with this is that I don't know the uniqueid for this notification. I have used the developer tools to walk through the code to get the ID but that is not an easy task. Do you have any recommendations on how to find that particular ID?

ChrysDW responded on 24 Apr 2019 3:30 PM
My Badges

Thank you Rawish but the business would like to either add the message to the existing notification or get rid of the blank notification and add a custom. I can add a custom notification I can't clear the existing blank notification because I don't know the uniqueid. Do you have any recommendations on how to locate that ID?

Thank you

Rawish Kumar responded on 25 Apr 2019 7:09 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Chrys,

Its not possible to locate the ID of that notification and what I feel is it can be dynamic. as in it changes every time the notification is shown.  and even if its static - there isnt a way to see it.

ChrysDW responded on 25 Apr 2019 3:52 PM
My Badges

Since I can't clear the notification, I can add text to the OOTB notification, although, this does remove the X icon. This will be a temporary fix until we upgrade.

parent.document.getElementById("Notification0").innerHTML = "At least one recipient is marked as ‘Do Not Allow’ phone.";

Thank you for your help with this.

Chrys

Nitin Aggarwal responded on 24 Apr 2019 4:37 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Please refer following link, In this link you can clear error notification:

ashwaniashwin.wordpress.com/.../set-and-clear-notifications-info-warning-error-on-dynamics-crm-forms

Thanks

Nitin

Rawish Kumar responded on 24 Apr 2019 4:57 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Chrys,

I have faced this issue while working on dynamics crm onpremise and looks to be a kknown issue - should go with an upgrade.

this error is legal and shows if phone call is set to donophone = true , the only issue is it doenst show an error message.

what I ended doing was to put a custom error message similar the original "At least one recipient is marked as ‘Do Not Allow’ phone” message" by checking if this contact is set to donotphone = true by doing a simple web api request. you can call this script on on load or onchange of the regarding field.

Rawish Kumar responded on 25 Apr 2019 7:09 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Chrys,

Its not possible to locate the ID of that notification and what I feel is it can be dynamic. as in it changes every time the notification is shown.  and even if its static - there isnt a way to see it.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS