SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

customer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Roro asked a question on 23 Apr 2019 10:20 AM

Question Status

Verified

Thanks in advance. Appreciate your help :)

Verified Answer

Hi

You can use XrmToolBox tools like FetchXMl builder  plugin to query and get any results you want.

Download the XrmToolBox from the following link

Connect to CRM and use the following plugin

You can copy and paste the results into excel file if you want or you can also use the following XrmToolBox plugin

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/org-service/use-fetchxml-construct-query

Looks like your company decided to block the users from breaching the security like happened in the past.

We cannot recommend a solution to help you/your peers to start abuse the system again. :)

You should reach out to your company CRM Admins for higher access again they should give you if they trust you. Good luck.

Roro responded on 23 Apr 2019 11:14 AM

Thank you for your reply. The desktop is configured in such a way that any installation such as XRMToolBox is being denied.

Any other methods to try whereby, I can execute the query in crm?

Thanks!

Roro responded on 23 Apr 2019 11:17 AM

Thank you for your reply. The desktop is configured in such a way that any installation such as XRMToolBox Again requires administrator.

Any other methods to try whereby I can execute the query directly in crm?

Thanks!

Suggested Answer

If you have access of CRM reports you can check that also , but I have doubt if you dont have access then you could  not access report as well. The only options is  to ask System Admin to assigned you different security role instead current role.

Suggested Answer

Hi Roro,

If you do not have permission to install the tool I suggested above, like Gautam mentioned, you can try creating Personal report, please follow the steps in the link below

docs.microsoft.com/.../create-edit-copy-report-wizard

If you do not get the option to create a new report, you will have to request your admin to give you permission on report entity.

Roro responded on 6 May 2019 8:16 AM

Hi I’ve successfully downloaded XRM already, however I’ve problems to identify which entity the customer transactions is stored in the database.

Currently in crm internet explorer, I’m able to search for customer id followed by their transactions by clicking into their unique account numbers.

However via xrm, I do not know how to configure it. Is there any way to find out which entity it belongs to for the customer transaction.

Thank you in advance.

Verified Answer

Hi

You can use XrmToolBox tools like FetchXMl builder  plugin to query and get any results you want.

Download the XrmToolBox from the following link

Connect to CRM and use the following plugin

You can copy and paste the results into excel file if you want or you can also use the following XrmToolBox plugin

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/org-service/use-fetchxml-construct-query

Suggested Answer

If you have access of CRM reports you can check that also , but I have doubt if you dont have access then you could  not access report as well. The only options is  to ask System Admin to assigned you different security role instead current role.

Suggested Answer

Hi Roro,

If you do not have permission to install the tool I suggested above, like Gautam mentioned, you can try creating Personal report, please follow the steps in the link below

docs.microsoft.com/.../create-edit-copy-report-wizard

If you do not get the option to create a new report, you will have to request your admin to give you permission on report entity.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS