SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

ability to create an activity on a Portal

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Justin Wilkinson asked a question on 29 Apr 2019 6:44 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

is it possible to create an appointment via the Microsoft portal? so that a customer could create an appointment 

Sreevalli Balleda responded on 29 Apr 2019 7:14 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

we cannot configure Appointment but we have possibility for Event management and scheduling scenarios.

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../event-management-in-dynamics-365-for-marketing-quick-start-guide

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 29 Apr 2019 9:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can use an Entity Form or a Web Form to allow users to create appointments using a Dynamics 365 Portal.

Nick

SOUNDHARYA.N.V responded on 29 Apr 2019 10:03 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi ,

Using Entity Form and Web Page you can achieve this.

1. Create an Entity Form for Appointment

2. Add Entity Form to a Web Page to visible on Portal

3. Add to Home screen to visible on Portal, After adding it looks like this

Thank you

Soundharya

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

Pavan Manideep Yaragani responded on 29 Apr 2019 10:05 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please refer to the below post...appointment is also an activity type...you can modify Activity (activitypointer) entity privileges to Create in place of read from the below post...

https://colinvermander.com/2017/02/20/dynamics-365-portals-display-activities-with-timeline/

Hope this helps...

DREWLFE responded on 14 May 2019 6:16 AM

I have tried creating an Entity Form for appointments but Submit just fails with an unknown error followed by a GUID.

If I have an entity Form in Edit mode then it appears in the portal as only ever read only and the Submit button that I add doesn't show.

Are appointments just Special or does Portals have a problem with the EntityId + ActivityPointerId thing?

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 14 May 2019 1:09 PM
My Badges

Hmm I'm not sure.  I tried setting up an entity form with an Appointment and it worked fine for me.

I'd recommend enabling the functionality so you can see the details for your error:

docs.microsoft.com/.../view-portal-error-log

That might give a clue as to what is going on.

Nick

DREWLFE responded on 15 May 2019 2:12 AM

Thanks Nick.  I tried again and took another guess as necessary fields and it has worked this time.  I also did the test with permissions turned off on the form so I can troubleshoot it from there.

Strangely turning off custom errors didn't give me a helpful YSOD but still the same useless message - I think it was CRM saying that it couldn't create an appointment because it didn't have xx field.

Sreevalli Balleda responded on 29 Apr 2019 7:14 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

we cannot configure Appointment but we have possibility for Event management and scheduling scenarios.

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/.../event-management-in-dynamics-365-for-marketing-quick-start-guide

Nicholas Hayduk responded on 29 Apr 2019 9:46 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can use an Entity Form or a Web Form to allow users to create appointments using a Dynamics 365 Portal.

Nick

SOUNDHARYA.N.V responded on 29 Apr 2019 10:03 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi ,

Using Entity Form and Web Page you can achieve this.

1. Create an Entity Form for Appointment

2. Add Entity Form to a Web Page to visible on Portal

3. Add to Home screen to visible on Portal, After adding it looks like this

Thank you

Soundharya

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

Pavan Manideep Yaragani responded on 29 Apr 2019 10:05 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please refer to the below post...appointment is also an activity type...you can modify Activity (activitypointer) entity privileges to Create in place of read from the below post...

https://colinvermander.com/2017/02/20/dynamics-365-portals-display-activities-with-timeline/

Hope this helps...

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS