SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How do I remove the fields that sync over from Dynamics CRM Contacts to Outlook Contacts

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Jesus R asked a question on 2 May 2019 6:17 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

I am having issues with certain fields mapping over incorrectly. Within our contact records we have extra fields called the Salutation field and the Full Name field which we use for mail merge purposes. The Salutation Field from CRM is populating the Title field in Outlook which is causing the first name to show up twice within the full name in Outlook. See examples below:

This is the contact record in Dynamics CRM:

This is the contact record in Outlook:

My question is how can I stop the Salutation Field from syncing over to the Title Field.

Thanks in advance!

Jesus R responded on 3 May 2019 6:16 AM

Hi Srihari,

Thanks for your response, what we want to remove only the field Salutation, I have tried your solution and I can only remove the synchronization of all the fields.

Jesus

Andy Ran responded on 6 May 2019 7:09 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The sync between Salutation and Title is fixed. As long as the contact sync is turned on, the Salutation field on the CRM side will be synced to the Title on the Outlook side. This sync is not able to be turned off in the contact fields sync setting.

An workaround is, instead of using predefined Salutation field, adding a new customized field to contact entity on the CRM side,  like "Name Prefix" or "Known As", use this customized field to store the extra part to avoid syncing to Title field.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Your find is correct, as of now you cannot stop Salutation field being synced to Title in outlook.

This has been already raised with MS and it may be added as a feature in the future, please see below

https://experience.dynamics.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=c9abd600-131a-e611-80e2-c4346badc228

I would first check where the Salutation field is used in CRM. Is it only used on Form or document templates, emails, and other areas?

If the Salutation field does not have many dependencies, you could consider adding a custom salutation field and clear the OOB salutation field.

Andy Ran responded on 6 May 2019 7:09 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The sync between Salutation and Title is fixed. As long as the contact sync is turned on, the Salutation field on the CRM side will be synced to the Title on the Outlook side. This sync is not able to be turned off in the contact fields sync setting.

An workaround is, instead of using predefined Salutation field, adding a new customized field to contact entity on the CRM side,  like "Name Prefix" or "Known As", use this customized field to store the extra part to avoid syncing to Title field.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Your find is correct, as of now you cannot stop Salutation field being synced to Title in outlook.

This has been already raised with MS and it may be added as a feature in the future, please see below

https://experience.dynamics.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=c9abd600-131a-e611-80e2-c4346badc228

I would first check where the Salutation field is used in CRM. Is it only used on Form or document templates, emails, and other areas?

If the Salutation field does not have many dependencies, you could consider adding a custom salutation field and clear the OOB salutation field.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS