SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

archiving data in on-premise MS Dynamics CRM

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

AbuJIndal asked a question on 9 May 2019 4:32 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi i want to archive my lead record  which is created 30 days back,  how can archive this requirements.let me brief. 

Aric Levin responded on 9 May 2019 5:09 AM
Suggested Answer

Is your source environment Online or On-Prem? Not sure from your question if you are trying CRM Online to CRM On-Prem or CRM On-Prem to SQL.

I think regardless, there is no way of archiving without some work.

I would think of a few approaches:

SSIS package to run nightly, find closed leads that are 30 days or older, copy them to a separate instance (using Kingswaysoft for example), and after copy delete them from source environment.

You can write an Azure function connected to your environments to do that as well. You might need ASB for that as well (Azure Service Bus). Can't tell you exactly since I don't know how your environments look like.

Finally, you should be able to do this from a scheduled Flow.

Hope this helps.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 9 May 2019 6:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer
Suggested Answer

From your question, its not obvious as to where you want to archive the leads.

Do you just want to change the status of them to be Archived in the same CRM, instance or do you want to copy the lead data to an achieve entity in the same instance, if so you should be able to achieve this using workflow or flow or custom code

If you want to archive to an external source, Like Aric mentioned, you could use SSIS or custom code to achieve this.

If any of the suggestion does not help to resolve your issue, please share more details on where the archived lead is going to be stored and do you want to remove or just change status of archived leads

AbuJIndal responded on 10 May 2019 12:31 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi  Kokulan,

My  requirements is On-Premise Environment

And suppose we have bulk lead records on  lead entity (10k) which is created between the period of 4 months(say Jan to April), all are active ,

I Want show only  records in lead  entity  which is created between last two month ( Jan and Feb's  month record )  not other records  

But  in 2nd  case  show  only lead records which is belong to last two month ( March and April month's records) how can achive this ??

Suggested Answer

If you do not want to delete these leads and if you only want to hide them from views you can update all the views to only return leads that are created on in the Las X days

If this won't work for you let us know and provide a bit more detail and we should be able to help

AbuJIndal responded on 10 May 2019 1:27 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Kokulan,

Yes Kokulan we can Achive  my requirement by creating personal Views but  (i am on On- premise Environment)  my requirement is i want to put first two months data on MS CRM, and after that last two month  data i want to  fetch from Database , it is possible or not??

Aric Levin responded on 9 May 2019 5:09 AM
Suggested Answer

Is your source environment Online or On-Prem? Not sure from your question if you are trying CRM Online to CRM On-Prem or CRM On-Prem to SQL.

I think regardless, there is no way of archiving without some work.

I would think of a few approaches:

SSIS package to run nightly, find closed leads that are 30 days or older, copy them to a separate instance (using Kingswaysoft for example), and after copy delete them from source environment.

You can write an Azure function connected to your environments to do that as well. You might need ASB for that as well (Azure Service Bus). Can't tell you exactly since I don't know how your environments look like.

Finally, you should be able to do this from a scheduled Flow.

Hope this helps.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 9 May 2019 6:14 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer
Suggested Answer

From your question, its not obvious as to where you want to archive the leads.

Do you just want to change the status of them to be Archived in the same CRM, instance or do you want to copy the lead data to an achieve entity in the same instance, if so you should be able to achieve this using workflow or flow or custom code

If you want to archive to an external source, Like Aric mentioned, you could use SSIS or custom code to achieve this.

If any of the suggestion does not help to resolve your issue, please share more details on where the archived lead is going to be stored and do you want to remove or just change status of archived leads

AbuJIndal responded on 10 May 2019 12:31 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi  Kokulan,

My  requirements is On-Premise Environment

And suppose we have bulk lead records on  lead entity (10k) which is created between the period of 4 months(say Jan to April), all are active ,

I Want show only  records in lead  entity  which is created between last two month ( Jan and Feb's  month record )  not other records  

But  in 2nd  case  show  only lead records which is belong to last two month ( March and April month's records) how can achive this ??

Suggested Answer

If you do not want to delete these leads and if you only want to hide them from views you can update all the views to only return leads that are created on in the Las X days

If this won't work for you let us know and provide a bit more detail and we should be able to help

AbuJIndal responded on 10 May 2019 1:27 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Kokulan,

Yes Kokulan we can Achive  my requirement by creating personal Views but  (i am on On- premise Environment)  my requirement is i want to put first two months data on MS CRM, and after that last two month  data i want to  fetch from Database , it is possible or not??

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS