SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Updating fields in case entity after case has been resolved

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Mahesh1431 asked a question on 9 May 2019 4:38 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Is there any option will allow the user to amend some fields after closing the case without effecting the SLA records. All page contents must be fixed and cannot be edited except some fields. Basically even if the case is closed, the user should be able to add the notes and they should be able to modify certain fields without reopening the case. i have saw the method to export to excel by changing the status and importing. is there any other things we can try to do this activity.

Aric Levin responded on 9 May 2019 5:02 AM

Hi Mahesh,

Closed cases cannot be modified unless they are reopened.

We have the same scenario in some of our projects, and have to do some workarounds for modifying data (which cause us to reopen cases).

We have SSIS packages that help us handle that.

Hope this helps.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 9 May 2019 5:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Closed case can be edited by doing some code.

Create a console application or SSIS package to do it.

Mahesh1431 responded on 9 May 2019 6:17 AM

Hi Aric,

Can you please tell me how to create or configure SSIS packages for crm for reopening the closed cases or any links on this is also fine for me.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Please refer to the link below for SSIS option

www.kingswaysoft.com/.../Dance-with-CRM-Statuses-In-ETL-Project

If you use SSIS to re-open, you might end up with multiple Resolved Case activity in your timeline. But if do this using code, you can avoid having multiple resolution activities in your timeline

Mahesh1431 responded on 9 May 2019 7:50 AM

Hi Dynamics 365 Rocker,

Thanks for your reply can you please tell me how to do this with console application still i am wondering is there a way send me if any links were there

Regards,

Mahesh

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 9 May 2019 5:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Closed case can be edited by doing some code.

Create a console application or SSIS package to do it.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Please refer to the link below for SSIS option

www.kingswaysoft.com/.../Dance-with-CRM-Statuses-In-ETL-Project

If you use SSIS to re-open, you might end up with multiple Resolved Case activity in your timeline. But if do this using code, you can avoid having multiple resolution activities in your timeline

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS