SBX - Forum Post Title

Portal Search functionality not working after some minor configuration tweaks

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

MikeC282 asked a question on 13 May 2019 9:33 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this was something caused by me but I've setup a new Customer Engagement portal and made a few minor configuration changes and the search functionality is no longer working. When typing text in the search bar and hitting enter the spinning wheel continues and does not search anything. I can also no longer select the dropdown to the left of search to dictate where in Portal I want to perform the search (KB, Forum etc).

I've also logged into the front end as an administrator and was able to edit copy, add child pages etc but that is also no longer responsive. I also can no longer switch to the new editor. The whole website has become unresponsive and slow. I've logged a request with Microsoft but they have not set gotten back to me and short of restarting the portal I'd like to understand whether is caused by some of my configurations. Below is a list of configurations I've done:

Hidden the Forum Section on the Homepage

To do this I went in CRM Portal>Web Template>Home.

In the code I've commented out the section containing the forum area and added some padding to have the contact us area in the footer pushed back into the middle. Code below:

{% assign forums_sm = sitemarkers["Forums"] %}

<section class="page_section section-landing">
  <div class="container">
    <div class="row ">
      <div class="col-md-12">
        <h1 class="section-landing-heading">{% editable snippets 'Home/Title' default: 'Contoso' %}</h1>
        <h2 class="section-landing-sub-heading">{% editable snippets 'Home/Subtitle' default: 'Customer' %}</h2>
        {% include 'Search' %}
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
  <div class="layer_down">&nbsp;</div>
</section>
<section class="page_section section-knowledge">
  <div class="layer_up">&nbsp;</div>
  <div class="container">
    <div class="content-home">
      <h2 class="blue_border">{% editable snippets "Home/MostPopularHeading" default: resx["Most_Popular"] %}</h2>
      {% include 'Knowledge Management - Most Popular Articles' showdescription: true %}
    </div>
    <div class="row sidebar-home no-lr-margins">
      <div class="col-md-4">{% include 'Knowledge Management - Most Popular Articles' showdescription: false %}</div>
      <div class="col-md-4">{% include 'Knowledge Management - Most Recent Articles' %}</div>
      <div class="col-md-4">{% include 'Knowledge Management - Top Rated Articles' %}</div>
    </div>
  </div>
</section>
p.ex1 {
padding-bottom: 50px;
}
<!--<section class="page_section section-sub-landing color-inverse">
  <div class="container">
    <div class="row">
      <div class="col-md-4 text_center-mobile">
        <h1>{{ forums_sm.adx_name | escape }}</h1>
        {% editable snippets "Forum/HomeDescription" %}
        <a href="{{ forums_sm.url | h }}" class="btn btn-info-home btn-lg-home" title="{{ resx['View_More_Forums'] }}">{{ snippets['Home/ViewMoreButton'] | default: resx['View_More'] | h }}</a>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</section>-->

Note that I've commented out the <section class="page_section section-sub-landing color-inverse"> section and added some padding above the commented out section (p.ex1 { padding-bottom: 50px; }) to push the footer back to the center.

Hid the Contact Us button in the footer

I again wanted to hide the "Contact Us" button on the footer by commenting the section out. I went to Portal>Web Templates>Footer and commented out the following code:

{% assign knowledge_url = sitemarkers['Knowledge'].url %}
{% assign createcase_url = sitemarkers['Create Case'].url %}
<!--{% assign contactus_url = sitemarkers['Contact Us'].url %}-->

<section id="gethelp" class="page_section section-diagonal-right color-inverse {% substitution %}{% if page %}{% unless page.parent %}home-section{% endunless %}{% endif %}{% endsubstitution %} hidden-print">
  <div class="section-diagonal-right-content">
    <div class="container">
      <div class="row">
        <h3  class="text-center">{% editable snippets "GetHelp/Heading" default: resx['Get_Help_DefaultText'] %}</h3>
        <div class="col-sm-4 text-center">
            <a href="{{ knowledge_url | escape }}" class="btn btn-info-home btn-lg-home" title="{{ snippets["knowledge/BrowseKb"]| default: resx['Browse_The_KB'] | escape }}" >{{ snippets["Knowledge/BrowseKb"] | default: resx['Browse_The_KB'] | escape }}</a>
        </div>
            <a href="{{ createcase_url | escape }}" class="btn btn-info-home btn-lg-home" title="{{ snippets["case/CreateCase"] | default: resx['Create_Case_DefaultText'] | escape }}">{{ snippets["Case/CreateCase"] | default: resx['Create_Case_DefaultText'] | escape }}</a>
        </div>
            <!--<a href="{{ contactus_url | escape }}" class="btn btn-info-home btn-lg-home" title="{{ snippets["ContactUs"] | default: resx["Contact_Us"] | escape }}">{{ snippets["ContactUs"] | default: resx["Contact_Us"] | escape }}</a>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</section>

<footer role="contentinfo">
  <div class="footer-top hidden-print">
    <div class="container">
      <div class="row">
        <div class="col-md-6 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 text-left">
          {% editable snippets 'About Footer' type: 'html' %}
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>

<div class="footer-bottom hidden-print">
    <div class="container">
      <div class="row">
        <div class="col-md-4 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 text-left">
          {% editable snippets 'Footer' type: 'html' %}
        </div>
        {% assign footer_nav = weblinks["Footer"] %}
        {% if footer_nav %}
          <div class="col-md-8 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 text-left {% if footer_nav.editable %}xrm-entity xrm-editable-adx_weblinkset{% endif %}" data-weblinks-maxdepth="2">
            <ul class="row list-unstyled">
              {% for link in footer_nav.weblinks %}
                <li class="footer-list col-sm-3">
                  <nav aria-label="{{ link.name | escape }}">
                    <h4>{{ link.name | escape }}</h4>
                    <ul class="list-unstyled">
                      {% if link.display_page_child_links %}
                        {% assign sublinks = sitemap[link.url].children %}
                      {% else %}
                        {% assign sublinks = link.weblinks %}
                      {% endif %}
                      {% if sublinks.size > 0 %}
                        {% for sublink in sublinks %}
                          <li>
                            <a href="{{ sublink.url | escape }}" {% if sublink.Open_In_New_Window %} target="_blank" {% endif %}>{{ sublink.name | default:sublink.title }}</a>
                          </li>
                        {% endfor %}
                      {% endif %}
                    </ul>
                  </nav>
                </li>
              {% endfor %}
            </ul>
            {% editable footer_nav %}
          </div>
        {% endif %}
    </div>
  </div>
</footer>

<script type="text/javascript">
       (function ($) {
         $(document).ready(function () {
             $(".dropdown-submenu").on("keydown", function (event) {
                if (event.keyCode == 9) {
                     $(this).toggleClass("open");
                }
            });
         });
        }(jQuery));
</script>

Note I commented out the {% assign contactus_url = sitemarkers['Contact Us'].url %} area and it seems to have removed the Contact Us button

Added a few additional Categories for KB articles

When portal customers go to Browse KB articles I've added a few more categories.

Disabled Customer auto registration and enabled registration by invite code only

I did not want customers to automatically register a account in Portal and set it to invite code only.

To do this I went to Portal>Site Setting

Set the following site settings:
‘Authentication/Registration/Enabled’ site setting to true

Authentication/Registration/OpenRegistrationEnabled’ site setting to false

Tushar Tayal responded on 14 May 2019 1:43 AM

Can you share the Portal URL and the request ID with us to check this

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS