SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Adding multiple entity relationships after import.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

SubterFrugal asked a question on 15 May 2019 11:59 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello All,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I can't find anything on this specific example.

I'm wanting to import a bunch of opportunities to Dynamics that are from a different booking system. The only problem is that I can't find a method to associate the contacts with the opportunities after the fact.

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks,

SubterFrugal

Suggested Answer

Hi

I am not sure how you are doing the import, assuming you are exporting as a CSV file from your booking system, you can add contact column to the CSV file and as long as the full name matches the CRM contact full name , it should resolve and set the contact lookup when you import. For this to work, you have to have all the contacts imported into CRM first

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 May 2019 12:11 AM
Suggested Answer

In addition to above, if you are also importing new contacts and these contacts are associated with the opportunities then you can zip the csv for opportunity & contact together and import both at once.

Check below-

community.dynamics.com/.../requirement-import-related-customer-data-using-excel

Hope this helps.

SubterFrugal responded on 16 May 2019 3:21 AM

Thanks for the responses.

What if I wanted to include a lead with the opportunities too?

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 May 2019 6:09 PM
Suggested Answer

As long as you have a relationship between the records and you use the exact name of the record, it should work.

Suggested Answer

Hi

I am not sure how you are doing the import, assuming you are exporting as a CSV file from your booking system, you can add contact column to the CSV file and as long as the full name matches the CRM contact full name , it should resolve and set the contact lookup when you import. For this to work, you have to have all the contacts imported into CRM first

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 May 2019 12:11 AM
Suggested Answer

In addition to above, if you are also importing new contacts and these contacts are associated with the opportunities then you can zip the csv for opportunity & contact together and import both at once.

Check below-

community.dynamics.com/.../requirement-import-related-customer-data-using-excel

Hope this helps.

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 May 2019 6:09 PM
Suggested Answer

As long as you have a relationship between the records and you use the exact name of the record, it should work.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS