SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Contact cannot be deleted

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

belsen asked a question on 16 May 2019 3:58 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

I want to delete a contact in CRM as bots/crawlers have done an unsubscribe to my contact and no matter how many times I delete the unsubscribe returns ... ClickDimensions has told me to delete the contact but I get a time out and the contact is not deleted. My colleague has tried it and so has my supporter without luck. He thinks that maybe the contact has to many posts attatched. 

Suggested Answer

Hi

Your colleague's assumption could be true as the default relationship behaviour is set to Cascade All for Delete.

You could try the following

01.  Use advance find and query and see how many related activities  and notes are there

Using the above approach, you could query on other related records and see if there are loads of related child records. If the numbers are more than 5K, you can download the Fetch query and use the XrmToolBox plugin record counter to get the total of the records

And if you would like to find out how many posts the contact has, please run the following query on the above mentioned XrmToolBox plugin

<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false" >
<entity name="post" >
<attribute name="regardingobjectid" />
<attribute name="text" />
<filter type="and" >
<condition attribute="regardingobjectid" operator="eq" value="b3a7e5b9-88df-e311-b8e5-6c3be5a8b200  <--- This is the contact ID" />
</filter>
</entity>
</fetch>

All of the above mentioned queries will help you to rule out if the contact is not being deleted because of too many related records.

One other experiment you could do is to create a new contact and then try and delete and see if that takes longer to delete.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Your colleague's assumption could be true as the default relationship behaviour is set to Cascade All for Delete.

You could try the following

01.  Use advance find and query and see how many related activities  and notes are there

Using the above approach, you could query on other related records and see if there are loads of related child records. If the numbers are more than 5K, you can download the Fetch query and use the XrmToolBox plugin record counter to get the total of the records

And if you would like to find out how many posts the contact has, please run the following query on the above mentioned XrmToolBox plugin

<fetch version="1.0" output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false" >
<entity name="post" >
<attribute name="regardingobjectid" />
<attribute name="text" />
<filter type="and" >
<condition attribute="regardingobjectid" operator="eq" value="b3a7e5b9-88df-e311-b8e5-6c3be5a8b200  <--- This is the contact ID" />
</filter>
</entity>
</fetch>

All of the above mentioned queries will help you to rule out if the contact is not being deleted because of too many related records.

One other experiment you could do is to create a new contact and then try and delete and see if that takes longer to delete.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS