SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Reassign bulk records in Bulk - User

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

ACrm2019 asked a question on 16 May 2019 4:05 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

We have few hundred users who are on domain username@abccompany.onmicrosoft.com and we are migrating all the users to  username@abccompany.com. In order to do so, we need to create new user accounts and assign security roles again. The problem here is each of the user own records in CRM and manually searching for a user and reassigning all the records is a tedious task.

Is there a way to reassign CRM records of lets say 200 users to another set of 200 users without doing it manually?

Thanks

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 May 2019 6:47 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

I don't think you need to create new users with the new domain. You can use DirSync to sync the user information with your domain. I haven't done this myself as I never got an opportunity but if this works then you don't need to reassign records.

cloudblogs.microsoft.com/.../how-to-synchronize-crm-online-with-your-active-directory

docs.microsoft.com/.../deploy-office-365-directory-synchronization-dirsync-in-microsoft-azure

docs.microsoft.com/.../synchronize-user-information-active-directory

Hope this helps.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Since you have all your users on O365 already and you just want to change the domain name from onmicrosfot to your company one, and if you definitely have to recreate the users in CRM, then you could follow the approach

01. Create an On-Demand workflow with the following logic

A. You may have to create a Custom Workflow Activity (CWA) that takes the Old User as the parameter

B. In the CWA, have your logic to find the matching new user record

C. Use the ReassignObjectsSystemUser  to re-assign all the records from Old user account to new user account

docs.microsoft.com/.../reassignobjectssystemuser

Once you got your workflow ready, you just have to find the old user records in Advance Find and then if you have your page size set to 250, you can transfer records for all of them in one go but running the workflow against all the records.

Note : Re-assigning all the records will take time, when you run the workflow from Advance find, it will trigger on all 250 records but it might take some time to complete all.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 17 May 2019 7:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Create an on demand workflow that check old owner value and assign it to new user.

Use Bulk workflow tool to run this workflow on all records in Single go. Below is link:

www.xrmtoolbox.com/.../AndyPopkin.BulkWorkflowExecution

Ravi Kashyap responded on 16 May 2019 6:47 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi,

I don't think you need to create new users with the new domain. You can use DirSync to sync the user information with your domain. I haven't done this myself as I never got an opportunity but if this works then you don't need to reassign records.

cloudblogs.microsoft.com/.../how-to-synchronize-crm-online-with-your-active-directory

docs.microsoft.com/.../deploy-office-365-directory-synchronization-dirsync-in-microsoft-azure

docs.microsoft.com/.../synchronize-user-information-active-directory

Hope this helps.

Suggested Answer

Hi

Since you have all your users on O365 already and you just want to change the domain name from onmicrosfot to your company one, and if you definitely have to recreate the users in CRM, then you could follow the approach

01. Create an On-Demand workflow with the following logic

A. You may have to create a Custom Workflow Activity (CWA) that takes the Old User as the parameter

B. In the CWA, have your logic to find the matching new user record

C. Use the ReassignObjectsSystemUser  to re-assign all the records from Old user account to new user account

docs.microsoft.com/.../reassignobjectssystemuser

Once you got your workflow ready, you just have to find the old user records in Advance Find and then if you have your page size set to 250, you can transfer records for all of them in one go but running the workflow against all the records.

Note : Re-assigning all the records will take time, when you run the workflow from Advance find, it will trigger on all 250 records but it might take some time to complete all.

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 17 May 2019 7:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Create an on demand workflow that check old owner value and assign it to new user.

Use Bulk workflow tool to run this workflow on all records in Single go. Below is link:

www.xrmtoolbox.com/.../AndyPopkin.BulkWorkflowExecution

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS