SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Using Liquid for Metadata filter on Entity List

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Devon Toland asked a question on 17 May 2019 9:35 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I have a requirement to pre-filter an entity list based on the originating URL. I'm attempting to test the liquid metadatafilters information discussed in https://community.adxstudio.com/products/adxstudio-portals/documentation/configuration-guide/liquid-templates/filters/entity-list-filters/ but when I check the 

{{filter.size}}

metadata variable it always = 0 and thus no filter is being produced to work with.

I have added a FetchXML Filter, Attribute Filter Set, and a Text Filter onto the configuration of the entity list to try and test various filter styles but I still always return 0 filters. If I use OOB rendering of Entity list the filters all show up.

I also used FetchXML for the entity list, which did work, but the pagination didn't update properly when running fetch on-top of the OOB entity list and I would end up with 10 pages of the same sub-set of the view.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong here or ideas of ways to use JavaScript or other processes to meet this requirement? 

Oliver Rodrigues responded on 19 May 2019 11:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

hi.. can you post your liquid code? at least the part where your entity list and filters are being declared?

also.. does it gives you an error message? is the "apply" taking any action?

Oliver Rodrigues responded on 19 May 2019 11:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

hi.. can you post your liquid code? at least the part where your entity list and filters are being declared?

also.. does it gives you an error message? is the "apply" taking any action?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS