I must be overlooking something very simple, users aren't able to change "Select Product"(Existing/write In), its readonly(SysAdmins still have access).
The field isn't set to readonly, No Javscript on the form(To prevent access)and no Field level security. Not sure what to check on Security role to change access.
User said was able to access change yesterday but not today, not aware of any changes we've made to prevent the users from accessing this.
Thanks, in-advance for your assistance with this.
Override Quote Pricing (Sales tab on security role) is a special privilege and make sure you grant this to the user's role
Please follow the link below to know more about these Misc privileges
Thank you Kokulan, I just checked the Privileges and even our regular salespeople have Override Quote Pricing set to organization, as we have a workflow that will notify their managers if they do override the prices.
Since creating this thread we have also noticed that write-in products are also failing:
Exception type: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]
Message: An unexpected error occurred.Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts">
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">Plugin/Microsoft.Dynamics.Sales.Plugins.PreOperationQuotelineCreate</d2p1:value>
<d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string">Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: An unexpected error occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I would enable plugin trace and log everything and see if that logs any meaningful or helpful messages
If plugin trace does not give any more details than what youve already got, i would definitely think about raising a ticket with MS as the error seems to be at platform module level.
And I would also advise to keep an eye on this forum latest posts to see if other users report similar issue.
We opened a support ticket, looks like a patch was causing us to get an error, couldn't add custom write-in(Initial issue) after they solved that, we couldn't create custom write-ins with Characters with more then 100 Characters, looks like new mapping added that required us to update the "name" fields on Quote Product/Detail entity, Order Product/Detail and Invoice Product/Detail Entities. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this issue.
Business Applications communities