SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Sequential file upload doesn't work in portal

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Nirmal_CRM asked a question on 20 May 2019 6:34 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello Experts,

We are using the portal for customer registration in our company.  We have used web form and web steps to insert data in the lead entity.

We have various web steps and at the last step, we ask the user to attach all required documents. We have allowed multiple attachment options in web step. 

When the user selects multiple documents together it works fine, however, when the user selects one document to attach and select another document first document gets deleted from the portal. 

Since this is the public portal not everybody knows that they have to select all documents together. So we want to give flexibility to the user to select either one or multiple documents as per wish.

Can you please help me to know how we can fix this issue?

Regards,

Nirma

Emmaneul James Abraham responded on 27 May 2019 6:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Nirmal

As per my Knowledge you have only option is Create intermediate entity (ex File Attachments)  with File attachment Notes and add it as a sub-grid to your entity, Add sub grid meta data to the web step also enable create action to it, so that user can create new attachment  record along with it he can also add File attachments also to it. let me know if you need more info reg this approach.

Thanks

James

Emmaneul James Abraham responded on 27 May 2019 6:04 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello Nirmal

As per my Knowledge you have only option is Create intermediate entity (ex File Attachments)  with File attachment Notes and add it as a sub-grid to your entity, Add sub grid meta data to the web step also enable create action to it, so that user can create new attachment  record along with it he can also add File attachments also to it. let me know if you need more info reg this approach.

Thanks

James

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS