SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics App for Outlook icon suddenly missing when selecting the calendar of another user; Icon only appears on own calendar

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Financial IT Guy asked a question on 23 May 2019 4:58 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  It seems to have shown up over the last week or so; My users, who are still able to create, update and otherwise modify appointments on other users' calendars, no longer have access to the Dynamics App when they are on someone else's calendar.
Even I, with a System Admin role and full delegate authority on someone else's calendar can no longer "Set Regarding" when creating an appointment.

Any quick fixes or ideas?  Thanks!

PANKAJ VOHRA responded on 23 May 2019 6:02 PM
My Badges

Could you share following details?

1. Version of outlook client

2. Sync mechanism used (Outlook Sync or Server Side Sync) for Appointments

Financial IT Guy responded on 24 May 2019 11:35 AM
My Badges

Certainly!

1. Outlook Client - Outlook for Office 365 (16.0.11629.20164)

1a. Dynamics App for Outlook - 9.1.0.1117

2. Sync - Server Side.  

PANKAJ VOHRA responded on 24 May 2019 5:36 PM
My Badges

Though I am not an expert in Server Side Sync, but I believe there is a DB org setting TrackAppointmentsFromNonOrganizer, which needs to be enabled for Delegate scenario to work. You might want to check if that Org setting is still in place and did not got changed during any recent org upgrade.

Financial IT Guy responded on 28 May 2019 12:34 PM
My Badges

After doing some more troubleshooting, I have discovered that this "bug" is limited to the Desktop client.  

If my users log in to the web based Outlook and go to the Calendar, they have the ability to use the Dynamics App to manage any appointment, which is the way it has been since deployment over a year ago.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but now it's time to open a ticket.  Thank you!

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS