SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Can we hide the Customization/Solutions/Security areas in Settings based on Role?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

CRM Guru asked a question on 24 May 2019 10:21 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We only want these three areas to be accessible to the Administrator and Developer Roles in our Organization.  How do we hide/disable them for all other Roles so those users can't navigate to these areas?

Suggested Answer

Hi

You can hide Customize/Solutions via security role but you may not be able to hide the Security tile as the user needs at least read access to the user entity and because a user has read access to the user entity, it is going to display the security tile, you may have to consider adding privilege rules to sitemap to hide/control this.

If you are planning to upgrade our CRM to V9, you could hide the Settings tile from other users and create a Model-Driven app for Admin to have a separate sitemap.

Pravin Pawar responded on 24 May 2019 10:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi ,

You could achieve this by using sitemap security and using security access.

Please refer below url for your reference:

www.crmconsultants.co.uk/creating-a-role-based-sitemap-navigation-in-dynamics-crm

www.inogic.com/.../sitemap-privileges-feature-in-dynamics-365

Mahadeo Matre responded on 24 May 2019 10:52 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi..

You can hide security area.. you need to modify site map, you need to add some privilege rule..

In case of just system admin is able to see security role section, then add rule for User create.

check this link.. it has more details

crmtipoftheday.com/.../its-a-privilege

https://spandcrm.com/2018/06/18/dynamics-365-hiding-navigation-groups-based-on-user-permissions/

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 24 May 2019 10:52 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can't do it Out of the box way.

You have to update ribbon buttons. Below post may help you:

community.dynamics.com/.../creating-a-role-based-sitemap-navigation-in-dynamics-crm

Peragin responded on 25 May 2019 7:19 AM

Had to figure this out last week myself using www.inogic.com/.../sitemap-privileges-feature-in-dynamics-365 to understand the concept.

I used sitemap editor on XRMToolbox though to make the changes - we use that a lot and I find it easier. Make sure to backup your sitemap before making changes - just load it from your instance and save the file to your file system. Also, save the privileges as you add them on the right hand side on sitemap editor, not obvious, before you upload the sitemap back up to your instance. I didn't do this as the start and corrupted my sitemap - lucky I had the backup taken!

Palani responded on 26 May 2019 1:09 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As Kokulan suggested, if you are planning to upgrade your CRM to V9, you could remove the Settings tile from other users by creating one Model-Driven app for all security roles and create another Model-Driven app for System Adminstrator to have access to the Settings tile.

technologyblog.rsmus.com/.../dynamics-365-create-an-app-in-5-simple-steps

Suggested Answer

Hi

You can hide Customize/Solutions via security role but you may not be able to hide the Security tile as the user needs at least read access to the user entity and because a user has read access to the user entity, it is going to display the security tile, you may have to consider adding privilege rules to sitemap to hide/control this.

If you are planning to upgrade our CRM to V9, you could hide the Settings tile from other users and create a Model-Driven app for Admin to have a separate sitemap.

Pravin Pawar responded on 24 May 2019 10:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi ,

You could achieve this by using sitemap security and using security access.

Please refer below url for your reference:

www.crmconsultants.co.uk/creating-a-role-based-sitemap-navigation-in-dynamics-crm

www.inogic.com/.../sitemap-privileges-feature-in-dynamics-365

Mahadeo Matre responded on 24 May 2019 10:52 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi..

You can hide security area.. you need to modify site map, you need to add some privilege rule..

In case of just system admin is able to see security role section, then add rule for User create.

check this link.. it has more details

crmtipoftheday.com/.../its-a-privilege

https://spandcrm.com/2018/06/18/dynamics-365-hiding-navigation-groups-based-on-user-permissions/

Dynamics365 Rocker responded on 24 May 2019 10:52 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can't do it Out of the box way.

You have to update ribbon buttons. Below post may help you:

community.dynamics.com/.../creating-a-role-based-sitemap-navigation-in-dynamics-crm

Palani responded on 26 May 2019 1:09 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As Kokulan suggested, if you are planning to upgrade your CRM to V9, you could remove the Settings tile from other users by creating one Model-Driven app for all security roles and create another Model-Driven app for System Adminstrator to have access to the Settings tile.

technologyblog.rsmus.com/.../dynamics-365-create-an-app-in-5-simple-steps

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS