SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Integration of Microsoft Portal and Share Point

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

LPK123 asked a question on 6 Jun 2019 5:05 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All,

I am doing Integration in between Microsoft Portal and Share Point. I want to store Documents of Contact entity in one Share Point site and Documents of Account entity in another Share Point site using Microsoft Dynamics Portal.

For Example, I have two Share Point sites: “SiteA” and “SiteB”. I want to store Documents of Contact entity in SiteA and Documents of Account entity in SiteB.

So Is it possible?

As per my knowledge, Microsoft Portal uses the site set in “Document Management Settings” of Dynamics CRM by default to store documents.

So is there any configuration setting in Portal which stores the integrated SharePoint site URL?

Thanks in advance.

Charles Abi Khirs responded on 6 Jun 2019 8:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

For the first question, you can store the documents only in one SharePoint site.

As for the portal integration with SharePoint, please check this link for step by step guidance: docs.microsoft.com/.../manage-sharepoint-documents

Dmytro Rutkovskyi responded on 6 Jun 2019 1:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dynamics portals able to use only one SharePoint site at current implementation. It used site marked with "Default Site" attribute.

As well Dynamics Portals could use before  Sharepoint site from site settings with name "SharePoint/URL" - but need to check if this is still relevant. See this for more details.

Charles Abi Khirs responded on 6 Jun 2019 8:12 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

For the first question, you can store the documents only in one SharePoint site.

As for the portal integration with SharePoint, please check this link for step by step guidance: docs.microsoft.com/.../manage-sharepoint-documents

Dmytro Rutkovskyi responded on 6 Jun 2019 1:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dynamics portals able to use only one SharePoint site at current implementation. It used site marked with "Default Site" attribute.

As well Dynamics Portals could use before  Sharepoint site from site settings with name "SharePoint/URL" - but need to check if this is still relevant. See this for more details.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS