Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
For some unknown reason, I am now unable to export any CRM 2011 reports when working in Outlook 2010. After the report runs and appears in the window, I choose an export format (Excel) and nothing happens. No windoiws open up and know errors are reported. The entity does not matter, the owner doesn't matter and the export type does not matter.No reports in any format can be exported.
I am, howerer, able to export record views to Excel with no problems and I am able to export reports using our web-based access.
This just started happening since my last weekly report run. I do not know what has changed either locally or on the server that would cause this. And I do not know yet if this is relegated to Outlook 2010. I will find out tomorrow.
Any suggestions on settings to check, or other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Have you tried saving as a PDF or Word?
None of the export options work including PDF and Word.
Is this happening to anybody else or does it affect you only?
I have the same issue. When I try to export a report to any format it just does nothing. I have CRM 2011 with outlook 2010 and UR 8 for outlook client. When I export that same report from ie it works fine. Any suggestions?
Just checked around. It's some combination of the CRM 2011 upgrade with Oulook 2010 and CRM Addin 5.0. It seems that almost everyone with the same config is unable to export in any format.
All suggestions appreciated!
This is being caused by a recent security update. KB2699988
We have had to remove that update to get CRM to exporting reports working again. We hope there will be a fix for it soon.
Thanks Ralph this worked.
I have tested the fix on my computer and this is what each user needs to do on their computer:
1. Open control panel
2. Click on uninstall or change program
3. Click on View installed updates
4. Go to Microsoft Windows section
5. Find Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2699988)
6. Uninstall that and restart computer.
7. After restart, to test it open any report in outlook and try to export it to any format and it should work!
An alternative to uninstalling the update is to run the report directly from the Web browser rather than opening it first from the CRM Outlook Client. You can also select the key combination ctrl and the letter 'n' if you open the report from the CRM Outlook Client and it will open the report in a new window. That window should let you use the Save to file feature.
This solution helped me on 2 laptops, thanks :)
Thanks so much everyone. The uninstall do the trick.
I just removed the update on one laptop and it worked. On the second laptop it did not! Any suggestions?? This is very frustrating!
I uninstalled the update and it worked for me ... for a day. Then Windows re-installed the update. After I turned off "automatic updates" and uninstalled it again, I still can't export to Word or PDF. I have checked 3 times now, and the update has not been re-installed. If I ask Windows to find new updates, it does NOT report the 2699988 update. it looks like my Windows still thinks it is installed, but I can't see it (and thus not uninstall it), and therefore still ahve the problem. What could that be?
I was able to resolve this again earlier today. The KB2699988 update rolled up into the KB2719177 update that went out earlier this week.
You will now need to uninstall KB2719177 to get this working again.
MS did not resolve the issue before rolling it into another update....
Keep in mind those KBs came out as critical security updates to Internet Explorer to prevent remote code execution.
I am very aware of that I'm afraid. It is the reason why I have an open ticket with Microsoft to have this issue fixed and to release an update that will fix the ones above. I keep after them on it so I hope it is resolved soon.
Just got a resolution from Microsoft for this issue:
This issue can be Resolved changing the Below Registry Key from a Value of 1 to 0.
In order to resolve this issue please follow these steps if you have 64-bit OS and 32-bit Outlook.
1. Open the registry (regedit)
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MIME_HANDLING, and change the DWORD entry for OUTLOOK.EXE from 1 to 0
3. Restart Outlook
If you have 32 –bit Outlook and 32-bit OS then follow these steps:
1. Open the registry (regedit)
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MIME_HANDLING, and change the DWORD entry for OUTLOOK.EXE from 1 to 0
3. Restart Outlook
Summit Group Software
You can try this without reg entry changes or uninstalling any critical updates.
Hold Down the Ctrl & Alt buttons together on your keyboard, while holding these buttons down, click on the export button on your Report and it should then allow you to export to the selected Format.
Please try this and let me know if it works for you.
Windows 7 (x64), Office 2013 (x64), all updates and RUs from MS Update and export works.