SBX - Forum Post Title

Unable to Change Domain Logon Name

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Aurobindh Kalathil Puthanpura asked a question on 24 Jul 2012 7:24 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

I created the 50 different users in active directory and assigned them a role in CRM. But when I try to login as the user. I get his error message " Unable to Change Domain Logon Name. You do not habe the necessary permission to change the domain logon name for this user" .

1. I change the AutoGroupManagement Valur to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.

2. Restarted the server to and tried to login. Still the same error.

3. Cheked for disabled user but that list is empty.

Could anyone help me with this issue with CRM.

Regards,

Auro

Neil Benson responded on 24 Jul 2012 1:34 PM
My Badges

What method are you using to log on as another user?

Aurobindh Kalathil Puthanpura responded on 24 Jul 2012 1:41 PM
My Badges

I am using the on-premise. Active domain to authenticate.

Neil Benson responded on 24 Jul 2012 1:46 PM
My Badges

OK, I already assumed you are using CRM 2011 on-premise and Active Directory for authentication.

What I meant was: what method are you using to log on as a different user? For example, if your username is domain\user1 and you want to log on as domain\user2, are you logging into Windows as domain\user2 then visiting the CRM website, or are you right-clicking IE and using the 'Run As' feature to log in as domain\user2 or are you doing something else?

Aurobindh Kalathil Puthanpura responded on 24 Jul 2012 1:55 PM
My Badges

I Changed the security setting in IE to ask for Username and Password prompt for Authentication.

Gustavo Dobkowski Longo responded on 26 Jul 2012 7:28 AM
My Badges

I suggest that you verify the CRM Active Directory Security Groups, mainly related to CRM application pool account permissions on the PrivUserGroup.

Aurobindh Kalathil Puthanpura responded on 1 Aug 2012 2:04 PM
My Badges

Check the Active directory security Group. Tried to replicate my exact role to other newly created used in AD. Still the same error message.

Vikram Boinapally responded on 10 Apr 2013 11:08 PM

Hi, Is this issue resolved?

Eric He responded on 1 Nov 2017 1:43 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Got the same problem, and I solved it.

First you need to go to "Information Services (IIS) Manager", click on "Application Tools", then right click on CRMAppTool, "Advanced Settings", next to "Identity", click on "...", select "Custom Account", enter the Account Name and Password you are using in the CRM organization.

DONE!

Try again.

Eric He responded on 1 Nov 2017 1:43 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Got the same problem, and I solved it.

First you need to go to "Information Services (IIS) Manager", click on "Application Tools", then right click on CRMAppTool, "Advanced Settings", next to "Identity", click on "...", select "Custom Account", enter the Account Name and Password you are using in the CRM organization.

DONE!

Try again.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS