SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Microsoft Custom Code Validation Tool not loading Web Resources

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Linna asked a question on 24 Dec 2012 2:50 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

I just downloaded and installed the Tool and it is not loading the web resources.  In the top left box I see a empty box so there's nothing to scroll to see my results.

I read that there may be issues with this tool if your base install is in a different language code but the org i installed it on is on English 1033 language code and it's not working. 

Anyone else encounter this?

Linna responded on 2 Jan 2013 9:08 AM
My Badges

Hi there, wondering if anyone else encountered this or knows if this is a bug?

Aaron Richards responded on 2 Jan 2013 11:10 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Linna,

I would get a support request created so an engineer can assist you with determining this.

Linna responded on 2 Jan 2013 11:42 AM
My Badges

Ok, thx Aaron.  I was going to give it until the end of the day to hear back from the community then open a case.  So far it looks like a support ticket is my best bet.  Thanks!

Jason Eldredge responded on 14 Jan 2013 12:23 PM
My Badges

Linna or Aaron - did either of you receive a resolution to this?  I am experiencing the same error.

Thanks!

Linna responded on 14 Jan 2013 12:35 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Jason,

I figured out the issue I was having. If you have any web resources with an empty content, the tool will fail. To find out if you do, run this SQL query:

SELECT * FROM WebResourceBase

WHERE Content IS NULL.

Either delete those web resources or add some content. After that, it worked for me.

Thanks!

Jason Eldredge responded on 14 Jan 2013 1:32 PM
My Badges

That worked perfect!  Thanks

Aaron Richards responded on 15 Jan 2013 7:19 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Thanks for the update Linna! I am glad to hear you got this resolved.

Aaron Richards responded on 15 Jan 2013 7:23 AM
My Badges

I was able to reach out to the developer of this tool. We are aware of the issue and we are working on getting a fix published. He also noted that this can be caused by a NULL content value in any HTML web resources as well.

jswinehart responded on 13 Mar 2013 8:55 AM

Just tried the tool and I get a blank page after launching from the solution.  I checked and I have no NULL content webresources.  Any other suggestions for getting this to work?

Matt Wanchap responded on 18 Mar 2013 12:18 AM

Hi!  We're having the same problems here, the code validation tool shows a loading percentage for a split second and then... nothing.  No error message or anything that would provide insight, just a blank page.  I've tried changing language and checking the WebResourceBase table for NULL Content values, but neither has helped.  I've also tried running it on another CRM instance, on co-worker's computers, and checked that Silverlight is updated to the latest version, but all to no avail.  What else can I do to figure out why this tool isn't working?

AlexR responded on 19 Mar 2013 6:28 AM

Same empty page here:

In IE debug mode:

CustomCodeValidationTool.html

SCRIPT5022: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application

Code: 2103    

Category: InitializeError      

Message: Invalid or malformed application: Check manifest    

CustomCodeValidationTool.html, line 41 character 13

Back to the drawingboard I gues?

Matt Wanchap responded on 19 Mar 2013 4:25 PM

I was able to get around the problem by disassembling the Silverlight application and rebuilding it as a windows forms application.  I'm pretty sure I'll be violating some kind of EULA against reverse-engineering a Microsoft product by posting a link to it here, but if someone wants to message me, I might be able to assist...

Jan Klode responded on 20 Mar 2013 3:28 AM

I am glad to your that you were able to "fix" the whitescreen issue. Would you eventually share your solution, in terms of your winforms tool?

Regards

Jan

AlexR responded on 21 Mar 2013 1:54 AM

This is an older version that does some more on UR 11 but seems to fail on UR 12

pinpoint.microsoft.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-custom-code-validation-tool-12884943369

Kind regards,

Alexander

Matt Wanchap responded on 21 Mar 2013 4:15 PM

Jan, I'd love to!  But I'd probably get my account banned for posting it.  I can send it to you if you would find it helpful?

Linna responded on 14 Jan 2013 12:35 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Jason,

I figured out the issue I was having. If you have any web resources with an empty content, the tool will fail. To find out if you do, run this SQL query:

SELECT * FROM WebResourceBase

WHERE Content IS NULL.

Either delete those web resources or add some content. After that, it worked for me.

Thanks!

Aaron Richards responded on 15 Jan 2013 7:19 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Thanks for the update Linna! I am glad to hear you got this resolved.

Aaron Richards responded on 2 Jan 2013 11:10 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Linna,

I would get a support request created so an engineer can assist you with determining this.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS