Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I am experiencing the following bugs.
We have a situation where we want sales people to add products to an opportunity. They can only sell what products we have created; but we want them to change the price from the absolute minimum held against the price list.
1. There is always a need to select a price list... we want to default it (less clicks)
2. We do not want a sales person to select write in product - absolutely not in any way shape or form - you cannot default this nor remove the option
3. The inline form editor will not allow a salesperson to change the price per unit - this is bad - they should be able to edit this - I have made the default 'override price'
4. You can change the price per unit by double clicking a padlock - this opens a new form in the same window - sales people are then lost - there's no way back to the opportunity. You can go to recent records - but it involves a tedious scroll to get back
5. We have other mandatory fields in the Opportunity product - such as cost: you cannot edit the inline form to include other fields... it looses it's inline-ness
6. The inline form does not display the unit group; you can't add it as a column to see easily the products unit group... it looses it's inline-ness - it's easy to forget what you picked
I am having the exact same issues. Hopefully this can get resolved quickly
Does anyone know if these are fixed in SP1?
These are issues for me too!
Same issue for us, really frustrating :(
Inline Edit is one of the most wanted feature from our users !
1. You can write a business rule/real time workflow to set default price list. Users won't need to set it. So zero clicks.
2. Make field "Select product"="Existing" as default and set it Read-Only on form. User won't be able to use Write-In product.
For rest of 4 problems, there is no solution as of now. You can try supergrid product from MTC that might help you.
Thanks for your replies and everyone's empathy.
Who would have thought setting a default price list meant... not setting a default price list. In the past I have tried setting the default price list with workflow... usually the salesperson has got frustrated before the workflow kicks in - they get an ugly 'no price list' alert on a save - however it is there if they re-open the form.
Maybe the 'real time' thing is a new feature and may work.... so long as it does not slow down how long the page takes to load... biggest bug bear so far from almost every single user.
I'll try that this week
However: the inline grid allows users to select "Write-In product" even if I set it to read only on the form... True if they go to the add Opportunity product form then it works... but the inline grid is where they start and that still allows them choose "Write-In product"
You can write a realtime workflow on Opportunity Product on Record is Created and Write-in product field changes.
1. Check if Opportunity Product[Write-in Product] contains data.
2. Stop Workflow With Status="Canceled". Click on Properties and Update Status message with Text like "You should use Write-in product feature."
This way they won't be able to use Write-in product from InLine Grid.
I tried the method below. It's a little bit ugly but it works. It allows the salesperson to add a write in product to the inline grid: and if they are fast enough name it and price it; it will not let them save it and it shows the error message. It is ugly because; there is no obvious way the salesperson can delete it and the name and price get wiped and then two errors show on top of each other; one about not adding a name and the workflow error. I also notice the save annulus rotated a very long time when I first tried it: making it look broken.
But kudos for the answer it will stop the salespeople from adding them
You can write a realtime workflow on Opportunity Product on Record is Created and Write-in product field changes. 1. Check if Opportunity Product[Write-in Product] contains data. 2. Stop Workflow With Status="Canceled". Click on Properties and Update Status message with Text like "You should use Write-in product feature." This way they won't be able to use Write-in product from InLine Grid.
They have to click on "Recalculate Opportunity" button to clear the errors.
Business Applications communities