Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I am fairly new to this whole CRM thing, only having about 1 month experience with it so far.
I work at a Canadian company (using $CAD), but we have more recently also started doing business in the US ($USD).
While looking at some forecast charts, I noticed that the number on the chart was not the correct total sum of the opportunities.
When I investigated, I managed to isolate the problem to see that it only happens to GP pipelines that contain $USD totals. Immediately, I thought it was just adjusting USD back into CAD to standardize the total….but it seems to be devaluing the US orders. Please see attached:
Is there any reason this should be happening?
The CRM says it is set up so 1 USD = 1.15 CAD….yet if it is actually converting, it is converting somewhere around 1 USD = 0.892 CAD. Today, I looked at a USD sales only chart that, when calculated, is converting at 1USD = ~0.906 CAD.
It doesn't affect forecasting when we run reports and manually calculate the totals...but the charts are always wrong if they include $USD orders.
What am I missing? What should I try to do to fix this?
When you have charts that sum currency amounts then the total will always be in the base currency. So even if you are summing up items in USD, the total will show in CAD.
When you enter an amount in USD CRM actually stores the amount in your base currency CAD at the same time using the exchange rate stored in settings.
This is by design because it has to have the capability to sum across multiple currencies but show in a single value. To make your charts show correctly make sure you show the base currency amounts in the list view - the totals in the charts will then be correct.
You need to make sure that the exchange rate was correct at the time of entering the values since changing the exchange rate will not retrospectively change the base currency calculated amounts unless you change the currency amount again.
Hope this helps,
Business Applications communities