Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Good day. I am experiencing a issue with one of my business process flows. The BPF moves from a Vendor entity into a bank entity, then into vendor approval and then into bank approval.
The first stage is fine (Capture Vendor Details)
The second stage is fine (Capture Bank Details)
From the second stage when I click on next stage it jumps back to the first stage and doesn't go to the third stage. The active stage stays on the second stage.
When it jumps back to the first stage and click on "Set Active" I get the following error:
Have anyone else had this problem and were able to sort it out? Any input will be much appreciated.
Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: A business process flow already exists for the target record and could not be created. Please contact your system administrator.Detail: <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts"> <ErrorCode>-2147089513</ErrorCode> <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" /> <Message>A business process flow already exists for the target record and could not be created. Please contact your system administrator.</Message> <Timestamp>2016-11-15T13:41:12.4402022Z</Timestamp> <ExceptionSource i:nil="true" /> <InnerFault i:nil="true" /> <OriginalException i:nil="true" /> <TraceText>[Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel: Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.GlobalActiveStagePlugin][bb48066e-f22f-412f-a530-91f72e4b859b: GlobalActiveStagePlugin]</TraceText></OrganizationServiceFault>
We are facing an almost identical issue with an identical error message, but on the BPF on an Agreement for Field Services. By clicking "Next Stage" we are also taken back to the first stage, and get an error when going back a stage.
We are also working on a D365 instance.
If you find a solution can you please post here so I can attempt to implement it :-).
Please refer the following blog about stage movement in business process flows.
Hi Nithya Gopinath
Thank you for the link. This doesn't address my problem though.
Hi Corey Sutton.
I have a open case for this at Microsoft. They are busy trying to help me to resolve the issue. I will give an update if they find the solution
Hello, the same happens to me, after the update to Dynamics 365 the custom workflow stopped working ... have managed to find the solution?
I am still busy with Microsoft to figure out what the cause is and how to fix it. I will keep you updated.
Deactivate Business Process Flows already existing for Vendor Approval entity
I have also an identical problem with the Opportunity Sales Process. Do you have any new information from Microsoft?
Deactivating this BPF is also not possible since this throws an unspecified error (Other BPFs on the Opportunity can be deactivated).
roughly how long we had to wait for a solution to this case?, already one week this annoying problem in our business processes.
Unfortunately I cannot give a timeline on this, as I am waiting for Microsoft. I haven't received any feedback from them the last week, but I escalated it to the team manager today. So fingers crossed that it will pick up some speed soon!
we experienced a lot of problems because of this, the impact on the sales process is very disturbed. I asked the MS team support, restore CRM to a previous version as soon as possible. Does it ever happened before?
I have just to migrate to Dynamics 365 and I run into with this problem as well, it's a issue very important and serious, my customer cannot work with the system with this bug
I hope Microsoft fixes this bug right now!!! I'm very upset with them
I have exactly the same issue and Microsoft support are looking into it for me too.
Please keep us up to date with your progress with Microsoft if you don't mind. I still haven't received any communication from Microsoft in the last week. Very frustrating!
I finally managed to access the CRM properly, after asking the CRM team to roll back to version 2016 update 1.
even if we have to lose all the data in the past week period. but valuable lesson from it is, I would not rush to upgrade to the latest version of CRM.
I worked with Microsoft on this item, and now it is fixed. They had to execute a script on their end to make it start working.
Please, don't hesitate to create a MS ticket and let them know about this, they already know how to fix it and it will be fixed quickly.
This issue happen while I upgraded to 8.2.1 but I managed to fix it using a database script mentioned here:
Business Applications communities