Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
We recently upgraded our environment from CRM 2016, to Dynamics 365. Then we noticed, for some workflows we had exceptions being thrown for various different reasons, and while they used to work, now they are always throwing the very unhelpful, System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. I've removed every all other variables and created a custom workflow assembly whose only line of code under the execute method isthrow new Exception("Exception being thrown");
Even just doing that I still get the same AggregateException.
Any thoughts on what's going on?
Some things of note, I use the XrmToolkit to push the code changes. I also tried adding a try catch, and I create an Email with the exception in the catch. This works, but the issue is we want the exception thrown, and if I add a throw exception in the catch it doesn't seem to be getting to it at all....
Totally perplexed with what's going on. Would love any thoughts
We're having the same error in our system. We just upgraded from CRM 2011 all the way to Dynamics 365 (On-Premise). In our case, we're throwing a normal InvalidPluginExecutionException which is caught and thrown back a few times until it's shown to the user.
According to our trace logs, the exception is somehow being caught as a FaultException (of type OrganizationServiceFault) and then CRM throws us a System.AggregateException.
NB. This was working well in CRM 2011 and CRM 2016
I would like some answers as well.
Hey Kevin, do you use the Xrm Toolkit (formerly the CRM Solution Manager) to update your assemblies by chance?
As per XrmToolKit web site, Dynamics 365 is not supported. Contact them to find out if there's a updated version which supports Dynamics 365 (8.2).
"XrmToolkit integrates directly into Visual Studio® 2012, 2013, and 2015 and is compatible with CRM 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2016 both Online and On-Premise."
I'm using the "Dynamics CRM 2013 Developer Tools" extension for visual studio to deploy (which worked great up to and including CRM 2016) on development and then export/import the solution to the live environment.
Thanks for the responses, I tried just using the Plugin Registration tool as well and got the same results.
However, I did find the issue goes away if I switch from Sandbox Isolation mode to none...but that's not a reasonable work around
I can confirm this. After my last reply I also tested with the plugin registration tool (no effect) and now as you suggested also tested in an un-sandboxed environment which resulted in the correct error being displayed.
So, I spoke with a support person at Microsoft, and after showing him the issue, he agreed it's bug and they're working on it
Any update from Microsoft?
I'm getting this error on my workflow activity too. I tested the activity in CRM 2016 on-premise where it works well, but in Dynamics 364 online it fails.
Also I'm unable to profile my workflow. The profiling exception is never thrown. I got the exception "One or more errors occured even for profiled workflow.
I was just about to comment here, I reached out to see if there was any news, and they said the product team had confirmed it is a bug and, "...the fix of this will be available in 8.2.1 version, which is to be released by Q1 this year. However, we are not aware of the exact ETA of the release as of now."
So...good-ish news I guess....
And ya I tried profiling using the Plugin Profiler as well and every thing seemed fine.
Some messages are not supported for the SandBox environment. I had this error with the SetWordTemplate message, which I had to move out to the calling standard workflow, instead of putting it in the custom workflow.
Business Applications communities