Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2023 Release Wave 1Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from April 2023 through September 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
We have everything on premise:
CRM2016 SERVER + ADFS SERVER + SQL SERVER
Active Directory (Domain) Server is synced with Microsoft AzureAD. No sync problem.
Each are configured separately on different machines.
We also using Office365 for emails.
We have 50 users using CRM. Everyone one can connect through Outlook or Web. ADFS is working because everyone can have access to CRM externally and internally via web.
Only 1 user can not login. When I enter the username/password in login page (ADFS), it doesn't say incorrect or wrong password/ID - It just refreshes the page so I have to enter them again (This happens over and over again). IF i enter a wrong password, it says incorrect password. So this means that it authenticates but something happens that blocks the user to login.
If I use internal URL (https://internalcrm.XXX.com) the user CAN login and everything works!
I reinstalled ADFS and deployed it twice. But no luck.
Moreover, the user has been added to CRM twice. Once through Active directory and once added manually on CRM which I think that is the problem. However I cant delete it since CRM doesnt allow me.
So I think I have to do something in SQL.
As you mentioned that this issue is happening for specific user , so I would suggest to check only user related access. For my opinion this is related to access so could you please try to check below , Considering you have the sufficient license for the user.
- Assign User as System Administrator Security role.
- Need Check the user in Active directory have sufficient Administrator right like other user.
- I am not sure you are getting any error or not , you may debug while open CRM in Internet Explorer just press F12 , sometimes some JS related issue may happen so go to console tab of F12 window. Make sure your debugging is enabled in the browser.
- Check in the server widows event viewer may be its writing some log.
- Try to open same machine where others user are login correctly.
- Check the user remote server access whether he is able to connect the server.
- Add the user in SQL user group CRM database, this is not require but you may do this.
- Check user have any special security role or not , then remove those role and assign the security role which is working for others.
- Consider that you don't have any special check in your code for user specific.
Here is one post someone faced similar issue earlier -
Hope this helps.
Can you try logging in with the same user on a different machine?
What about logging in with the user using a different browser?
Logging in as a different user on the user's machine.
If any of these work, try clearing cache on user machine...
The fact that the user can log in using the internal url, leads me to think it is not something with the user account.
Please provide results...
Good point. SQL or CRM are both working fine..ADFS is the problem..
I can login with my credentials on the user's PC. And I checked that account on different machines, all same.
I checked all of them..
I think there is something wrong with ADFS, because internally user can login..Even CRM Outlook is working internally. So technically CRM is all good..
but ADFS is not receiving the handshake from CRM server to pass the user..
So it just refreshes the page to sign in..
Business Applications communities