Check out the latest features available in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, including LinkedIn Connect, Voice of the Customer and Universal Resource Scheduling.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
We are in process of implementing CI/CD in our company and we need some advice regarding the process. Our company is working on custom D365 CE projects (we don't do products) and we usually have 2 instances (development/test and production) per project. I have a few questions regarding this subject.
1. Which git branching strategy do you use in this kind of projects?2. Do you prefer to work with one monolithic solution or few smaller solutions?3. How do you handle critical bugfixes on production?
Any other advice other than answers on this questions is also welcome. Maybe someone can share a bigger picture of the process that is used in his organization and I think that it should be the best way to share the info. I know that sharing an experience can be a pain to write down, but I hope that someone will have time to write some advice.
Hi Ivan Ficko,
I'll try and answer your questions.
1. TFS/VSTS. Main trunk & branch for sprints which can be merged after release. Also hotfox branch can be done from Main trunk when Prod bugs are identified
2. Big epics can have a dedicated solution, then patches, small sprint unmanaged solutions for further enhancements
3. Refer 1
1. Which git branching strategy do you use in this kind of projects? -Feature branch for each sprints and that should be merged into release and main branch after release
2. Do you prefer to work with one monolithic solution or few smaller solutions? - Smaller solutions. you can have separate solutions for each and every sprint release
3. How do you handle critical bugfixes on production? - for the critical bug fixes we can create hotfix branch from the master branch and move it to production.
1. Which git branching strategy do you use in this kind of projects? - Feature Branch-> Release-> Master.
Feature branch- Developers will create feature branch per user story and commit their changes into it. After code analysis, the code should get merged into the release branch. After successful completion of solution package the code should get merged into master(main) branch and upcoming sprint release branches.
2. Do you prefer to work with one monolithic solution or few smaller solutions? - Smaller solution. my suggestion is create solution per sprint.
3. How do you handle critical bugfixes on production? - create hotfix branch from main/master branch and push the critical bugs in production environment.
Business Applications communities