Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
We are in a CRM 2016 v8.2 environment On-Premise (188.8.131.52) using Server-Side Sync.
Users report that sometimes they receive old mails in the queue. In CRM they are marked as if they just arrived in the system based (createdon) on the audit history on the email record:
But in fact the users has sent it already 3 months earlier as we can see in the "actualend" field. So now it happens that Customer Service Agents reply to 3 months old emails.
I checked one of the queues where the problem occurred (but it happens on all queues / mailboxes) and there was no change in the last years:
I checked with the Exchange team and they confirmed that the mail was received on the time that the client has sent the email. So the problem must be somewhere between Exchange and CRM. So probably the server-side sync.
After I checked the database if there were more emails with the same problem and it seemed so. Some emails take 258 days to arrive in the CRM.
I used the following query to come the the above screenshot:
SELECT subject as 'subject', directioncode as 'directioncode',ActualEnd as 'sent on (actualend)',CreatedOn as 'in crm since (createdon)',DATEDIFF(d, actualend, createdon) as 'delay in days', SubmittedBy, ToRecipients FROM email (nolock) WHERE actualend > '2018-01-01' -- only check emails after 2018AND DATEDIFF(d, actualend, createdon) > 1 -- that arrived more than 1 day later in CRMORDER BY [delay in days] desc -- in order they arrived in CRM
Does anyone has any idea? All help / tips are welcome.Is there a way for me to know which emails are queried by the server side sync and why some are picked up immediately and others are not?
Many thanks in advance.Kind regardsSven V.
The delays mostly likely caused by Server Side Sync issue, i have come across other users reporting same issue, emails sent or received days after.
Could you enable Server-Side Sync failures dashboards, and use both SSS failure and monitoring dashboard and see if it surfaces error.
You could have your Sys Admin team monitoring these dashboards on a regular basis to make sure actions are taken sooner for failed emails
We've updated the CRM server with Windows Updates, to upgrade the CRM server to 8.2.3.Then we enabled the dashboard for "Server-Side Synchronization Failures" in DEV and TEST but there was nothing there indicating there are were any issues.We didn't check the production environment yet (because we would need to install windows updates first), as we are planning a CRM upgrade to v9.As soon as we have upgraded our environment I will update this post.
Dear, Currently one of my client facing same issue posted by Sven. If any one got the solution of this issue please reply. It would be great help. CRM v. 8.2.xxx on-premise Thank you.
Business Applications communities