Check out the latest features available in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, including LinkedIn Connect, Voice of the Customer and Universal Resource Scheduling.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
Looking for suggestions to over-come the following product limitation / third-party solutions for goal management.
All goals in the goal hierarchy must be based on the same fiscal period or custom period. If you specify a different time period for a child goal, a time period for a parent goal will be used.
Link to documentation
The main ask is to break down a parent goal (say, Revenue 2019), into quarterly child goals.
OOB, this seems to be a product limitation.
Eager to hear your thoughts on any of the below:
All answers welcome! Thanks in advance.
Goal management means a lot of handwork to configure the goals, I know :-(
- You could use workflow to create the quaterly goals (crmtipoftheday.com/.../recurring-goal-creation-strategies)
- You could use a quaterly period in the rollup query (survivingcrm.com/.../recurring-goals-with-some-workflow-magic)
Add. 2: I think they're investing in forecasting and the "AI" thing (docs.microsoft.com/.../create-forecast-definition)
You could ask Jukka about this ;-)
Thanks for that Stefan.
- Would prefer not using recurring workflows for automated creation (now that we have flow, logic apps, function apps etc). Interesting to see that we (or I) am facing the same issues in 2011 and D365 CE!
- Jukka's post is brilliant. Especially like the idea of having a 20-year goal period and using roll-up queries to filter the records. Definitely out-of-the-box thinking!
- Saw the forecast feature. But believe it is only for the Sales AI / Sales Insights. We are just using plain old Sales Enterprise.
Thanks so much for the answers and links.
Business Applications communities