Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | View virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I need to add a user lookup on the opportunity form that shows only the members of a specific team. I tried to create a view that shows the users but I was not able to create a system view that can do this. I create a personal view, but that's not what I need. Any ideas?
Here is what you can do:
1. Create the correspond views through customization - that will create a system view, not the personal view.
2. Add a lookup and limit the list of views available to the one you created on the step 1.
Hope it helps
That is what I tried first but I was unable to create a successful system view that uses the teams entity. A personal view worked just fine but when I tried to create the system view it would not save with the specific team identified in the filter. I struck me very odd.
Can you please explain what is the blocker? I checked my environment and I had no issues creating the view. Here are steps I used:
1. Open System - Customizations.
2. Click Customize the System.
3. In solution window popped up expand Entities and scroll to User entity.
4. Expand "User" node and click on Views.
5. Click "New", in the window appeared click "Edit Filter Criteria".
6. In the dialog choose criteria and click "OK".
7. Save view and publish changes.
8. Use this view in the settings of lookup field you mentioned.
Business Applications communities