Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
In the CRM365 Outlook interface, I can use Set Regarding to search for opportunities, and create one if none exists. But then I have to search for my contact again. Is there any way to have the contact of the email automatically put in the opportunity quick create form ? It would save some time.
Hope you are doing good.
1) Set regarding means :
a. You are tracking this email
b. Associating this email to an entity record, entity here can be account, opportunity etc
2) Tracking an email means you are creating a copy of this email into Dynamics CRM so it exists in Dynamics CRM and all associated contact/users in the email will be related to this email in CRM
3) Tracking associates email to contact/users while set regarding tracks an email and associates email to a specified entity record
4) Set regarding only associates the email to the entity record (account, opportunity etc), It doesn't associate or know the contact/users in the email with that entity record
5) While doing set regarding, If you create or attach an opportunity then the email is not tracked yet and quick create form of Opportunity doesn't have any information about the contacts/users in the email so it cannot fetch the contact information automatically
6) I understand you can save time but It gives you a choice of selecting any contact from the search instead of the contact as a sender of the mail, You also have to search an account similar to contact in the quick create form
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your answer. I think I found the easiest way to do it then : as long as my contact is already existing in the CRM, I can scroll down on the contact info in the D365 panel, see the related opportunities, and click on "create new", it creates the opp on the contact and account automatically, no need to search for them. Then back to the initial page of the Outlook panel, I see the new opp in the recent opps list, and there is an icon to set as regarding. It's really fast, no need to use the buttons at the top to create an opp from zero, no waste of time.
Yes, This is a good and quicker approach to your question. There are different ways to relate and attach information (contact, opp) with each other in CRM. If you find set regarding on the mail is far time consuming then the alternate way of adding opportunity directly into the contact form is really a time saver.
Business Applications communities