Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I recently created a new patch where I removed a field from the main form of one of my custom entities. I didn't delete it from the entity because I want to retain any old data on the target environment, just removed it from the form.
The patch was deployed onto another environment where the same field still existed on the form on the base solution.
I expected the patch to update the same form on the target environment but it didn't, its still on the other form. I have no idea where to go from here, what do I need to do in order to remove a field from a form on the target environment?
Can you try increasing version number of the patch solution and deploy again.
If this does not work, try creating normal solution instead of patch and add only form to that soluton then deploy.
Hi, neither of those solutions worked for me unfortunately. The field still exists on target form.
Forms, Sitemaps and OptionSets as you know are a bit different when compared with the remaining CRM Components.
When you have multiple definitions i.e. solution / patch layers for these components the system will merge the definition.
This means that if you have a Solution 1 with Form A and Field X and a Solution 2 with Form A without Field X the result from this merge will still contain Field X since another layer has it.
I would suggest checking if you have any other solution that contains the affected Form and if not follow up with a Solution Upgrade for that solution. Solution Upgrade will Rollup any Patches you might have and the final result should be the one brought by the latest Patch assuming there are no other layers for that form.
Business Applications communities