Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have used the Below code for passing parameters to the custom action , am getting Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0,please suggest me regarding this
I would suggest you check the following points:
1. Whether name of the action you are calling is correct, it should be the "Unique Name" value of the action.
2. Whether name of input parameters are correct.
3. Whether ID extracted from URL is correct.
var id = queryStrings;
(It is should be something like 0215534a-0d42-40e9-8a0a-c973bb6bfc8f.)
Try troubleshooting by following operations:
1. Call the action directly with static value to test whether it would execute successfully.
2. Replace Xrm.Utility.alertDialog(error.message) with console.log(error), the error object may contains more error details.
3. Clear browser cache.
In addition, I think the reason would be that you were running web resource, the location of web resource is child of form.
You could change window.location.search to parent.window.location.search to check whether the URL parameters could be searched.
(And due to the reason, replace Xrm.WebApi with parent.Xrm.WebApi if necessary.)
I tried the above operation what u mentioned still same error "SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0↵ at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)↵ at Function.XrmClientApi.WebApi.Serialization.ODataSerializer.getPrimaryKey"
Hi Amrutha,Please refer to following links:https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/jasonlattimersblog/posts/use-xrm-webapi-in-a-stand-alone-web-resourcehttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/51416490/using-xrm-webapi-method-in-web-resource-opened-in-a-new-window/In addition to answers from Jason Lattimer and the StackOverflow question:
From my test, I removed ClientGlobalContext.js.aspx and following part of code:
It works for me.
You could remove them if unnecessary.
First thing, you are trying with unsupported way to get field values in html web resource.
I will suggest you to use form context to get field values, please refer below url for reference:
Also try with parent before Xrm library as below:
Business Applications communities