Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
We have a rollup field that is finding the last date of activity and showing it on the Account. It seems to be working for 90% of all the accounts in the system but the other 10% just doesn't. I can force the recalculation and it works just fine. If I put in an activity and then close it out, then it seems to start working again. The status (1) and update time (today) all seem to be fine. All the other rollups seem to be fine through the system.
I'm just at a loss here and any help would be appreciated.
I see that you mentioned that the rollup appears to be incorrect only for some specific records and that recalculating it manually solves the issue.
Because the Rollup fields are recalculated automatically not on change but periodically over every X hours I think it might be worth checking whether the activity in question was added after the last recalculation of the activity. You can check this by going to the System Jobs and doing some filtering to get the Rollup recalculations for a specific entity. For example here I have filtered by all the rollup calculations for the Quote entity and you can see that the calculations are performed every 1 hour.
You can find more details in the docs here Define rollup fields | Microsoft Docs and specifically on the considerations section. Overall the logic of the rollup seems to correct and I would expect it to behave properly.
Hope this helps!
Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am facing a very similar issue with a Last Activity Date Rollup field on Contact and have already checked the system jobs. Hourly calculations seem to be in order and working, but the mass calculate job missed a lot of contacts that have related activity and yet have no date in the rollup field.
FYI in our case it came down to the rollup calculation doesn't factor in Activities that have been set to not show in Activity menus. That option is only available to set when creating the custom activity and results in the Activity's "Is Regular Activity" field being set to No. When creating a Rollup that rolls up Activity records has "Is Regular Activity = Yes" as a hidden filter. Which feels like a bug to me, but I haven't gotten a response from Microsoft confirming if that is intended behavior.
Business Applications communities